Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Series II 70 MY

Thumbs up Series II 70 MY

Currently show one in Detroit (My Alibi) and one in Hilton Head (Three Joys)

Anyone have any information whatsover on either?
    Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    Ron

Re: Series II 70 MY

Hi Ron:

My Alibi was my dock neighbor for 3 years. Was sold to a Canadian gentleman 2 years ago. He had the Detroits rebuilt and upgraded many things. I heard the boat went to the North Channel for the summer. It was back in my building this past winter for storage. The listing you see might be the listing from 2 years ago.

John D.
    J Dickson

Wink Re: Series II 70 MY

Hi John. Thank you for your response. Any chance you could advise the gentlemans contact data?
    Perhaps, provide him with mine?

ron.childress@power.alstom.com

Quite interested in the boat.
    Best regards
    Ron

Anyone know how to get in touch with Mr Dickson?
    Thanks,
    Ron

PM Sent.
    J Dickson

Ron - did you ever get any quality information on these two 70 MY's. They are both still on the market and I think the price has dropped a bit on Perfect Alibi but not the one in Georgia. Although beauty is quite subjective, I'm not sure I could get past the soft goods pattern on Perfect Alibi. They both look pretty tired to me but might be a good deal, if the price is right.

Yes,
    I agree with your evaliuation. I have learned that Alibi has had both engines rebuilt by quality suppliers. Investigated that quite extensively. Still, I would have to have a substantial reduction to purchase that boat. I fear the yacht in South Carolina is somewhat less a value given the unknowns. Still trying to sell my 58 first.
    Ron

Thanks Ron. Just curious, have you been on either?

Planning a trip to Toranto this Fall when the yacht goes into storage.
    Ron

Let us know what you think when you see her.