Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 45C with qsm11

Re: 45C with qsm11

Quote Originally Posted by Mike36c View Post
    My good friend has a series one 45c with the 660 QSM's, the boat is scary fast with power to spare. She'll loaf along all day @ 28kts and we have yet to see max RPM and load, it's just plain frightening into the mid 30's. The boat was not designed to go that fast and having helped through his repower one can be assured someone put WAY more $$$$ than the asking price into the advertised boat. The 45c/QSM combination is great, almost as nice as the 36c/6BTA
    Clark?
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Yep, funny looking (hull color) but runs great.

Just to chime in on the performance and other things as I have the 45' with C-12's at 700 HP, some of you may have read about when I did the repower in 2004. I run 1900 RPM and roughly 27-28 knots. I upped my shaft to 2 1/4" using the original Hatteras running gear with a little boaring out for the new bearing size. Top end I have seen 34 Knots on low fuel (down 300 gallon or so) and she will get a LITTLE squirelly at 32, but that goes away full fuel on board. Over the years checking the performance of similar sized boats, CABO, VIKING, Henriques, etc, my boat based on being heavier out performs the new models, and it's not even close. 7 seasons later, still happy with the spend (not investment)

Too bloody right. What Hatteras ought to do is dust off the molds for the 45C they built from 1985-1992, or whenever they stopped making it, and put it into production again. I'm dreaming, I realize that. Maybe the best mid-size convertible anyone ever built.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Too bloody right. What Hatteras ought to do is dust off the molds for the 45C they built from 1985-1992, or whenever they stopped making it, and put it into production again. I'm dreaming, I realize that. Maybe the best mid-size convertible anyone ever built.
    wonder what it woukd sell for. On top of that maybee they could put the carolina style house on it awsom or not ? Tim

6. Re: 45C with qsm11

I did a little back-of-the-envelope on that when I owned Gigabite and came up around $2m. No idea how accurate that is, but it was my "best guess."
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
    I did a little back-of-the-envelope on that when I owned Gigabite and came up around $2m. No idea how accurate that is, but it was my "best guess."
    at that the old ones are not a bad buy!

I doubt it would sell well. It's too dated in many regards and to compete with other modern Sf in that size would require completely redesigning the boat. Compare the Hatt 45C to a new Viking 45. The Viking is huge in comparison. The ER on the Hatt is tiny, the accommodations are smaller, the cockpit is smaller. The reason these smaller SF went away was because the market wanted bigger and the smaller ones cost too much to make. Now the new smaller SF are beamier to make them bigger.
    Jack Sardina

No question. And rebuilt old ones don't sell for much as we're seeing. Just a pipe dream.

one of the few things I would change is the darn Chine. I hate the wheel going into my gut when returning off the back side of a wave. If they could have solved that issue in 1985, this hull would have been well ahead of its time. Bertrams had it down, with a nice slice entry with no slow down.