Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 45C with qsm11

Re: 45C with qsm11

Quote Originally Posted by tIM pOWELL View Post
    I am assuming it is the old Hattaboy it is a grate boat i have ben on that boat it was done very well by a couple of Morehead guys looking over the shoulder of the marina. It is a fish raising rascal. I am sure you are enjoying it. If i remember correctely it was quite a siper on fuel... Tim
    Actually, my 45 came from Destin - name is Jolly Mon. She was refit in 2002 by Sonny Middleton for a doctor who had owned her for about ten years - he had rebuilt the 692's once and didn't want to do it again - he went for the QSM's rated at 535hp because he wanted fuel economy and long life with a few more knots than the 692's. WOT fuel burn is 52gph. Cruise is 36 gph. Fishing out of Masonboro inlet the Stream is 68 miles out. For a full day fishing, running as fast as seas will allow, we usually burn no more than 200 gallons.

Quote Originally Posted by st.tully View Post
    Actually, my 45 came from Destin - name is Jolly Mon. She was refit in 2002 by Sonny Middleton for a doctor who had owned her for about ten years - he had rebuilt the 692's once and didn't want to do it again - he went for the QSM's rated at 535hp because he wanted fuel economy and long life with a few more knots than the 692's. WOT fuel burn is 52gph. Cruise is 36 gph. Fishing out of Masonboro inlet the Stream is 68 miles out. For a full day fishing, running as fast as seas will allow, we usually burn no more than 200 gallons.
    there is another one in Wilmongton I belive it to ber a 45c!! about a 1987 or so it came from Morehead city and it is sorta quick. I belive the guy hangs out on this web site sometime. When did you purchase yours and if you do not mind send me a PM with about the price range Tim

This boat with the 660's should cruise at minimum 27 Kt at 1900. The boat probably needs to be re-wheeled. I have the 700 Cats which are a little heavier.

4. Re: 45C with qsm11

He might have 535s in there and be underwheeled..... If you're in the market for that boat it's definitely worth a look. I think the price is high but that's the last thing on the list -- you gotta see if it's worth bidding on it first.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
    He might have 535s in there and be underwheeled..... If you're in the market for that boat it's definitely worth a look. I think the price is high but that's the last thing on the list -- you gotta see if it's worth bidding on it first.
    Mechanical & Electrical
    Re-powered in 2005 with Twin Cummins 660-hp QMS-11 Engines Less than 1000 Hours Racor Fuel Filters Re-fitted in 2005 with Three New Reverse Cycle HVAC Units DKD-3R/18 Generator DY TDK type VHD-12-40 Battery Charger

6. Re: 45C with qsm11

Well if it's got 660s in it then it's either GROSSLY underwheeled or the broker picked up some "stock" performance numbers.

I'd bet on the latter and that boat flies.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
    Well if it's got 660s in it then it's either GROSSLY underwheeled or the broker picked up some "stock" performance numbers.

I'd bet on the latter and that boat flies.
    See post#6
    Jack Sardina

Best mid-size SF hull, best engines. If this doesn't move quickly (no pun intended) some buyers are asleep at the wheel. Combinations like this don't come along often.

Better boats have sold for less. A very clean 52C that was re-powered with 3406 Cats sold for less than this 45C. Some of the highly customized, re-powered 46C's have sold for around this price or less. If the entire boat was refit, the right buyer might pay close to the ask but not likely.
    Jack Sardina

I bought my 45 in early 2007 so as you can imagine I paid alot more than the boat is question is offered at. But mine was completely redone - from a custom hardtop to a smooth bottom job. I like the 45II with QSM's more than any other boat in her class - it is a perfect balance of platform, economy, speed and modern hull design.