Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 45C with qsm11

45C with qsm11

Ran across this one today a little ritsey for my taste but someone may be willing to pay would make a nice boat for some one

http://www.boatquest.com/All/Manufac...D/1/boats.aspx

Tim
    Last edited by Tim Powell; 04-19-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Re: 45C with qsm11

That seems pretty affordable, nice looking boat, all the heavy lifting already done with a repower with the best engines. Looks like this could be you, Tim. Better get down there while she's still available.

3. Re: 45C with qsm11

If it's as nice as it looks up front (not enough pictures to really know, and they often aren't enough to know even when there are a lot) were I in the market I'd have to go look at it and make a lowball but not entirely-outrageous offer, all-cash, and see what happens.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

Listing is poor. Very few pictures and limited info. If the speed figures are correct 23kt cruise and 27kt WOT, she's way too slow. If it is a decent boat, it may be worth a look but I agree she's priced a bit high.
    Jack Sardina

Yeah- this is a Series II 45, isn't it? It ought to be faster with M11s in it, a lot faster. Evne in 2005 they made pretty good power, and this is a fast hull.

The later hulls that had the 550Hp 6V92's will run close to that. My 46C could hit those numbers with 550HP 6V92TA's. They probably took the speed figures from the Power Boat Guide. If not, the re-power wasn't done right or she's very under propped. Might be a boat worth investigating but only if they're more realistic on price.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    The later hulls that had the 550Hp 6V92's will run close to that. My 46C could hit those numbers with 550HP 6V92TA's. They probably took the speed figures from the Power Boat Guide. If not, the re-power wasn't done right or she's very under propped. Might be a boat worth investigating but only if they're more realistic on price.
    I gotta agree Jack it is slow for what it is. My 1986 45 with 692 550 hp would cruse at 20 knots all day up hill. It is a buck 35 to 150 boat in todays market the interior is not spruced and the electronics are not what a good sport fish would want. You buy at a 150 figure to make it a GOOD yacht it would take another 50 making it a 200 thousand dollar 88 45c in my openion it it still ritzey and it is at best a 2 state room boat. But it is a Hat and a darn good one, My 45 was put into the nose of some mighty big seas and behaved quite well. Tim
    Last edited by Tim Powell; 04-20-2012 at 11:02 PM.

I have a 1986 45 with QSM 11's rated at 535hp. Cruise is 24/26 and WOT is 28/30 - depending on props. At the 535hp rating the engines should go 10,000 hours before rebuild.

I keep her in Wilmington, NC and would be happy to give anyone a ride who is interested in repowering a 45 with QSM's.

One of our forum members owns a similar boat that was repowered with M11s, and hit 34 knots on her trials, not fully loaded- only 94%. Either these are very low-rated M11s or they have used the speed figures from the original engines. This boat is more than likely a lot faster than those numbers. Either that or they forgot to put the wheels back on.

Quote Originally Posted by st.tully View Post
    I have a 1986 45 with QSM 11's rated at 535hp. Cruise is 24/26 and WOT is 28/30 - depending on props. At the 535hp rating the engines should go 10,000 hours before rebuild.

I keep her in Wilmington, NC and would be happy to give anyone a ride who is interested in repowering a 45 with QSM's.
    I am assuming it is the old Hattaboy it is a grate boat i have ben on that boat it was done very well by a couple of Morehead guys looking over the shoulder of the marina. It is a fish raising rascal. I am sure you are enjoying it. If i remember correctely it was quite a siper on fuel... Tim