Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Someone finally clearly explains the budget issue...

I haven't laughed so hard in a while...but YMMV

Caution - some harsh language...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRmZ9zH-mYM
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

Re: Someone finally clearly explains the budget issue...

Oh my God....PRICELESS!!!!
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

funny! but true...
    Mario
    1972 58' Hatteras Yachtfisherman
    Siboney

Our politicians are so proud of the most meager borderline recovery while they are busy spending double the revenue.

Makes me sick. And I vote to throw them out every time which is more than can be said for most of our spendy citizens.

He has a couple of really good ones! Unfortunately, he doesn't have any solutions. It's easy to b!t@h....

I agree that it's easy to complain as opposed to coming up with a fix - as we used to say, "Throwing a grenade is easy; catching one is hard."

But it's not his (or my) job. I agree with his point that the people in office are SUPPOSED to be the best and the brightest. They are SUPPOSED to be the leaders and they are SUPPOSED to have the knowledge, skills, and ability needed. So it is their responsibility to solve the problem. I have neither the knowledge to do it nor the power; they have both. So, as Felonious said more bluntly, they need to get to it, not expect a solution from me or some media armchair strategist talking head.
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

You're right Mike that's why we "hired' them in the first place. We (the people) voted (hired) them in to do a job. We kept our part of the bargain by paying their salaries and all their perks. We deserve results or let's fire them all in Nov and hire a different bunch of incompetents.

Walt

Walt, I agree completely. I wish there was a way to get a movement started like they've done in the Middle East, to throw out as many as can be thrown out in any single election. That might make the rest of them sit up and take notice. People argue that we need "experienced" politicians. What, exactly, has that "experience" done for us so far? At the very worst, we elect a new batch of self-serving incompetents. At best, we start getting representatives who actually (gasp) represent us.
    Searching...
    Daytona Beach, FL

Well experence counts when it comes to a chief exec. Just look at what we got when we elected a president whose only experence was that of a community organizer!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe, just maybe, a community organizer could get something accomplished in Washington if he had something to organize. My point is that the House and Senate are filled to the rafters with self-gratifying thieves concerned only with their next re-election. It would be easier to organize a crowd of chimps lusting after a football. Don't get me wrong...I'm not saying the Big-O is any great shakes...I'm just saying it isn't all his fault, and there are a lot more of them than there are of him. I say start cleaning out the House and Senate, and get some new blood in there, lots of it, every election, and we'll start seeing people who want to serve instead of the current batch who feel they are entitled to be served.
    Searching...
    Daytona Beach, FL