Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: 65 Hatteras LRC Positive & Negative

As someone guessed my boat is:
    Sue's Pool 111
    I will take the boat to Florida for a complete refit.
    Will post pictures in a year, will take that long to do a first class job.
    As to the boat in Conn. I had a captain friend of mine, look at it about 4 months ago.
    I would never say anything bad about another person's boat, so please note that these are not my observations.
    The boat was VERY tired. The amount of work needed to bring it back, was according to them, overwhelming.
    If you are interested you would need to see for yourself, as this is not my opinion.

Five Star,
    The pictures of Sues Pool make her look very good. What work are you going to do? She doesn't look like she needs much, but I know pictures can be deceiving.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Five Star,
    The pictures of Sues Pool make her look very good. What work are you going to do? She doesn't look like she needs much, but I know pictures can be deceiving.
    She has been in storage for many years. According to the specs, she was launched and run last season, then put back in the building. By the time she gets to Florida from Ohio, I would imagine that many of the evil spirits will have presented themselves and been chased out.

I have had 2 buyers over the years make offers on that boat. The first was many years ago when she was in California and (I think) called "Setag". Then another about 18 months ago and if I recall, their offer was more than, or close to the most recent ask price. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Good that she finally has a new steward.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Best of luck with her

Art
    Trouble
    43DCFB DC-306
    AYC NY

I was on board the Cleanidini project a few years ago. It was, and seems to still be, a very tired boat. Tis a shame, but it is what it is.

Five star, we don't want to wait a year to see pictures! Weekly progress reports please!!

Interesting development... The broker who was showing me the Burger that I lost to another bidder called today and said Sues Pool is still for sale and was at the MBS last weekend.

Does anyone know... did Five Star pass? Am curious as to why?
    Shawn
    58 MY

I spoke to a customer who was aboard her at the show. He passed. A very knowledgeable broker friend of mine took a look at her. If you'd like an un-varnished opinion, PM me for his number and I will put you directly in touch with him.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Ed and I were on her on Sunday at the brokerage show in Miami. I would love to have her at the right price, but she is "very original". I did walk away with a couple of ideas that I’d like to do on Sanctuary, though.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Quote Originally Posted by fivestaryacht View Post
    As someone guessed my boat is:
    Sue's Pool 111
    I will take the boat to Florida for a complete refit.
    Will post pictures in a year, will take that long to do a first class job.
    As to the boat in Conn. I had a captain friend of mine, look at it about 4 months ago.
    I would never say anything bad about another person's boat, so please note that these are not my observations.
    The boat was VERY tired. The amount of work needed to bring it back, was according to them, overwhelming.
    If you are interested you would need to see for yourself, as this is not my opinion.
    I know you sold your boat in 2015? I heard she went to South America to be used as a dive boat, is that correct? Was she purchased by a company or an individual? If a company, would you be able to share the name? I would like to know how she is doing and what her future holds. If there is a possibility, I wouldn't mind that possibility of buying her some day.

Thanks,
    Ron