Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

65 Hatteras LRC Positive & Negative

Just purchasing a 65 Hatteras LRC. Would like to hear from owners or captains, past or present, of positive thoughts and problems they have had? Thanking you in advance.

Re: 65 Hatteras LRC Positive & Negative

Cant be anthing negative. That is an awsome boat.

I've done work on 58 LRC's and other Hatts and will say the 58 LRC was nicer to work on than any MY so if the 65 is in line with the 58's accessibility you have a great vessel that should give you years of service.

Do not downgrade the systems with cheaper alternatives because that boat was built for the long haul and most of the gear on it is truly solid and reliable. some people think they were overbuilt and that they can scale some things back. In reality they are well designed, solid and long term reliable.

I'm jealous. I hope to have one one day so please take good care of her. There are not many out there.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Just Curious... Which one did you buy?
    Shawn
    58 MY

I agree with Scott's comments and am fortunate enough to have one of the 65's little sisters, a 58'.
    In reality, the 65 is a stretched 58, so they're basically the same boat, except for a little more room inside. Same set-ups, same engines, gensets, etc.

If you haven't done your historical background work yet, you'll be happy to know that you have one of only a very few 65's remaining in the world. To echo Scott's cquote, please take care of her!

I'm curious too, which one did you buy?

Could be Sue's Pool or the Cleanidini boat.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Thinking of the Cleanidini boat in Mystic, they had to do quite a bit of core replacement up on the fly bridge decks and some on the foredeck too, as I recall from my visit. Not that that is limited to the 65LRC by any means.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

OBX Tucker's boat will plane- but you have to shut the AC units off for it to do it...

Seriously, they are great boats and very well made. Post some photos, would you? I can't look forward to anything that huge, but I do love seeing pictures of them...

Cleanidini is no longer involved with the boat. Still in Mystic.
    Bank turned it over to Northeast Marine Liquidation in Pawcatuck Ct. Here is the link to the pictures/listing. Ask $299k. Bank put more than $300k in it??????
    http://www.northeastboatsales.com/li...Hatteras82.htm
    Hal
    Stonington,CT
    "ARETE" 37C
    Hull #HATBF3800579
    Vessel #US608410

Hal,

Do you or anyone else know anything about this LRC in CT?

Quote Originally Posted by hcalmar View Post
    Cleanidini is no longer involved with the boat. Still in Mystic.
    Bank turned it over to Northeast Marine Liquidation in Pawcatuck Ct. Here is the link to the pictures/listing. Ask $299k. Bank put more than $300k in it??????
    http://www.northeastboatsales.com/li...Hatteras82.htm
    Mike,

"SeaWhisperer"
    1969 Hatteras 53' MY
    Morehead City, NC.