Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

$16 Diesel...Its Here!

Yes friends and dear Hatt boaters, from the people who brought you Nationalized Heathcare and Solyndra ($500B [yes B, not M] down the rathole), comes $16/gal diesel. Lest you think I speak in jest, read on.

The "Fuel" budget for the entire US Dept. of Defense is managed/administered by a Federal Operation called DRMS (I was wrong, its not DLIS or DLSC [Defense Logistics System Command]) or other name (who knows, name keeps changing). It is commanded by the Army/AF/Marine Col. or Navy Capt who happens to be the billet Commander, at a point in time. Since it is a last stop billet for the Commander, he often retires there and becomes a 'Program Manager' contractor; no, I don't mind. The above Federal Operation is housed in "Building Two" (not "One" of two) (a 6 story bldg.) in Battle Creek, MI. It was renamed the Hart-Dole-Inoya Bldg. about 12-15 years ago. I've been in meetings with the DRMS Col., so I know the "Fuels" budget is managed by him. When we are fighting a 'war', e.g. Desert Storm in early 90's, then the budget runs out, because of the higher rate of fuel usage and they get special appropriations from Congress for more fuel. So my memory was bad about Bldg. 1.

At any rate, an Obama operative, who also stands to financially gain (no, say it ain't so), by a "green" project, has launched and steered an initiative, further developed by the US Navy. Using purchasing reqs that bypass Congress, the Navy will be purchasing mass quantities of "Bio-Diesel", so that converts into millions of gals- and you think your Hatt gets poor mileage at cruise. Imagine running a Navy ship! The Obama minister of whatever, is directly related to the contractor who won this wonderful bio-diesel contract and the largesse.

Price for this Bio-Diesel? $16/gal. Maybe $15.99 "at the pump". But its a 'green' initiative, don't you know!

Just when the current administration seems to keep topping themselves in corruption, they come up with yet another one....and the beat goes on. OBTW, each million gals will be $16M. Will be entirely lost in the DoD budget.

God Help Us!
    Last edited by spartonboat1; 12-15-2011 at 11:16 PM.
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Re: $16 Diesel...Its Here!

Quick!... somebody zap this thread before tIM sees it!
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

You guys don't get it...
    It's bush's fault, and the tsunami, quake, hurricane (pick any), ATMs, the Arab spring, etc etc etc
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

cheney/halliburton ?

Must be something about being in the frozen north. Biodiesel is between $3-3.75 in Florida.

I bet I could get a better price on a million gallons too.

Oh wait is more money better for the government?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

That's cheap for a government purchase. Much better deal than $200 hammers.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Must be something about being in the frozen north. Biodiesel is between $3-3.75 in Florida.

I bet I could get a better price on a million gallons too.

Oh wait is more money better for the government?
    I don't know or follow biodiesel trends but why isn't it cheaper? When diesel was about $1pg biodiesel was almost $2. Shouldn't biodiesel still be around $2pg? Isn't it made without any crude oil?
    Jack Sardina

On a side note when I asked my buddy (over 25yrs experience rebuilding pump/injectors) about biodiesel he said absolutely do not run it. Apparently the owner of our local bio-diesel business keeps bringing his own pumps in for OH and can't figure out why they don't last. Just thought I'd pass it along.

Quote Originally Posted by boatwright View Post
    cheney/halliburton ?
    I'll treat your response as serious, since mine is intended to be. The party who has steered this through has strong Obama connections. And if you take me for a lover of the previous administration, you've come the wrong place. I was very disappointed in the Bushies, given the opportunities they had to excel (and did not).
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Name of the "Obama operative" ??
    Name of the "Obama minister of whatever" ??
    Name of the contractor he is related to ??
    Maybe we can look these guys up and get the news reporters onto them.

Quote Originally Posted by spartonboat1 View Post
    Yes friends and dear Hatt boaters, from the people who brought you Nationalized Heathcare and Solyndra ($500B [yes B, not M] down the rathole), comes $16/gal diesel. Lest you think I speak in jest, read on.

The "Fuel" budget for the entire US Dept. of Defense is managed/administered by a Federal Operation called DRMS (I was wrong, its not DLIS or DLSC [Defense Logistics System Command]) or other name (who knows, name keeps changing). It is commanded by the Army/AF/Marine Col. or Navy Capt who happens to be the billet Commander, at a point in time. Since it is a last stop billet for the Commander, he often retires there and becomes a 'Program Manager' contractor; no, I don't mind. The above Federal Operation is housed in "Building Two" (not "One" of two) (a 6 story bldg.) in Battle Creek, MI. It was renamed the Hart-Dole-Inoya Bldg. about 12-15 years ago. I've been in meetings with the DRMS Col., so I know the "Fuels" budget is managed by him. When we are fighting a 'war', e.g. Desert Storm in early 90's, then the budget runs out, because of the higher rate of fuel usage and they get special appropriations from Congress for more fuel. So my memory was bad about Bldg. 1.

At any rate, an Obama operative, who also stands to financially gain (no, say it ain't so), by a "green" project, has launched and steered an initiative, further developed by the US Navy. Using purchasing reqs that bypass Congress, the Navy will be purchasing mass quantities of "Bio-Diesel", so that converts into millions of gals- and you think your Hatt gets poor mileage at cruise. Imagine running a Navy ship! The Obama minister of whatever, is directly related to the contractor who won this wonderful bio-diesel contract and the largesse.

Price for this Bio-Diesel? $16/gal. Maybe $15.99 "at the pump". But its a 'green' initiative, don't you know!

Just when the current administration seems to keep topping themselves in corruption, they come up with yet another one....and the beat goes on. OBTW, each million gals will be $16M. Will be entirely lost in the DoD budget.

God Help Us!
    Last edited by Nonchalant1; 12-23-2011 at 12:05 AM.