Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Adding fluid to Hynautic steering (48YF)

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Mr Clarkson we’re talking Hynautic not Seastar Sea star is a completely different system that is unpressurized. The reservoir is in the steering head where any air in the system is supposed to collect.
    Sounds like you're talking down to me. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Hynautic has been a part of SeaStar Solutions for, maybe, 15 years. SeaStar manufactures and sells a wide array of marine steering and control systems. Many SeaStar parts are interchangeable with Hynautic systems. If you need help with your Hynautic system, you call SeaStar. SeaStar, for all intents and purposes, is Hynautic and has been for quite a while.

SeaStar Solutions is now a part of Dometic. It is hard to keep up these days.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

[QUOTE=racclarkson@gmail.com;358070]Sounds like you're talking down to me. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Hynautic has been a part of SeaStar Solutions for, maybe, 15 years. SeaStar manufactures and sells a wide array of marine steering and control systems. Many SeaStar parts are interchangeable with Hynautic systems. If you need help with your Hynautic system, you call SeaStar. SeaStar, for all intents and purposes, is Hynautic and has been for quite a while.

SeaStar Solutions is now a part of Dometic. It is hard to keep up these days.[/

So when you RTF1983M it says anything about seastar in does it?????
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Mr Clarkson we’re talking Hynautic not Seastar Sea star is a completely different system that is unpressurized. The reservoir is in the steering head where any air in the system is supposed to collect.
    Hynautic has been part of Sea Star for a few years now. Nowadays It looks like they only use a pressurized reservoir on power assisted systems
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Everyone have a nice day.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC