Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: "Calling all Experts"-Striping and protecting exposed Bronze Fittings??

Aw c'mon Sky... GM is trying. I know lots of folks that work there and they are good people. I do agree that things would have been much better if Obama had kept his nose out, but, oh well, next year is our chance for revenge. As far as the Volt , it cost me $37,300 including taxes and plates. This also included my $7,500 rebate. I KNOW that your Jetta TDI cost nearly the same. Regarding the low sales volume, they have sold everyone that they have built, and except for the demonstrators, all Volts were ordered and most buyers have had to wait for several months. They are ramping production up as fast as they can. None have ever sat on a dealer's lot. So, if lack of Volts is an issue, blame GM, not the buyers. We burn about 3 gallons of gas per month. My lawn mower burns more than that. It really is an awesome car and shows how us Americans can do something correctly when we put our minds to it. The money I spent stayed in the US also, not Germany.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

Jettas are assembled in Chatanooga and the TDI is about $24000. One of the Volts caught fire recently after a test crash. I surely would not want to be anywhere near a lithium fire. It's almost impossible to put them out.

But, as I said before, I'm glad you like it. I guess I'll have to buy some DTE stock since you are now using more electric than gas.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

How about a used Yugo?? They get great gas mileage, oh I forgot their life expectancy was less than a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard Rupp View Post
    As far as the Volt , it cost me $37,300 including taxes and plates. This also included my $7,500 rebate. I KNOW that your Jetta TDI cost nearly the same.
    Do I understand that this transportation miracle is $44,800.00 and you're saying the TDI costs nearly the same?

If that's the case I've finally figured out why people buy hybrids and volts. They don't understand physics and they can't do math.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

How about a used Yugo?? They get great gas mileage, oh I forgot there arn't any used Yugos because their life expectancy was less than a year. Back in late 80's when everyone in Texas , including us , went broke the only thing we had left was our lake house which was 120 round trip commute from Dallas. I sent Charm out to get a used Honda or something that got better mileage than my Caddy, she came home with a Yugo. I said what the H-- is a Yugo, she replied I don't know but it was 5,000 new and has a warranty. Argueably the worst car ever made she loved that POS and drove it for 6 years, go figure.

Well, the Volt is an awesome car and they were wrong about the fire's cause. Isn't it amasing how fast seemingly bad news travels? Newt Gingrich is still having to eat his 2nd. wife mistakes. Ity seems that all we look for today is faults, then magnify them.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

EV's and Hybrids are on the way out. The new little turbo gas and diesel engines get comparable mileage at lower initial cost and with less maintenance down the road. People are beginning to see this. I doubt we'll see many new EV's and Hybrids in the years to come especially if there are no government incentives.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI