Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

VA Beach To Rhode Island

Got another boat trip coming together and thought I would give yoose gize a heads up. Maybe we can meet up someplace and have some beers or something since I couldn't make YankeeFest this year.

I'll be heading out next Monday or Tuesday if all goes well with the sea trial this Friday.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Re: VA Beach To Rhode Island

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Got another boat trip coming together and thought I would give yoose gize a heads up. Maybe we can meet up someplace and have some beers or something since I couldn't make YankeeFest this year.

I'll be heading out next Monday or Tuesday if all goes well with the sea trial this Friday.
    You better hurry up. It's getting cold up there.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I'll pack some long britches and take a jacket this time. Boat has a lower control station, so I'm not too worried about cold. Wonder if the leaves have already peaked up there. Just gotta figure out how I'm going to run this thing, but the weather will do that for me.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

There goes the neighborhood
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

The cold isn't the problem. We still are in the high 60's to low 70's here in NY/NJ. This time of year can be very windy. Wind has been blowing a steady 25-30kts for the last few days. It laid down today but is supposed to pick up again on Wed. That run from Va Beach to Sandy Hook, NJ is best done outside so you really need to watch the weather.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    The cold isn't the problem. We still are in the high 60's to low 70's here in NY/NJ. This time of year can be very windy. Wind has been blowing a steady 25-30kts for the last few days. It laid down today but is supposed to pick up again on Wed. That run from Va Beach to Sandy Hook, NJ is best done outside so you really need to watch the weather.
    I may try running it outside if I can get a sunrise start on Sunday and the seas are agreeable. This is a 38' Bayliner sedan, so I'm not looking for too much adventure. Gotta feeling I'll be running inside to Delaware and then watching weather before heading up to Jersey where I have to run outside.

Oh yeah, this is another HOF'er I'm moving the boat for.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

If you come up the Bay let me know if you are stopping at Solomons. I will definately provide a few beverages and can help with dockage if you aren't planning to stay on the hook. The bay can get uncomfortable going north especially this time of year, so pick a good day. South west - west winds no sweat even at 20. Due east ok, North - north west and southeast are choppy over 10 - 12. We had steady 30 knots NW saturday with higher gusts, but on a good day the Chessy is 1 foot or less.

Regards, Bob K

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    I may try running it outside if I can get a sunrise start on Sunday and the seas are agreeable. This is a 38' Bayliner sedan, so I'm not looking for too much adventure. Gotta feeling I'll be running inside to Delaware and then watching weather before heading up to Jersey where I have to run outside.

Oh yeah, this is another HOF'er I'm moving the boat for.
    Stay outside through NJ. If you have to duck inside, don't do it before Atlantic City. If it's too rough outside, it's best to stay outside until Barnegat Inlet and come back out at Manasquan Inlet. Barnegat can be rough but it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be. Watch the tides going through Hell Gate. The current can cost you 3-5kts if your bucking it. LI Sound can be a bit choppy but not too bad unless the wind is really blowing East or Westerly. Lots of crab and lobster pots to look out for. If you have a good weather window, Running outside from Sandy Hook to Montauk will save you some time.
    Last edited by saltshaker; 10-17-2011 at 02:45 PM.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by the kuz View Post
    If you come up the Bay let me know if you are stopping at Solomons. I will definately provide a few beverages and can help with dockage if you aren't planning to stay on the hook. The bay can get uncomfortable going north especially this time of year, so pick a good day. South west - west winds no sweat even at 20. Due east ok, North - north west and southeast are choppy over 10 - 12. We had steady 30 knots NW saturday with higher gusts, but on a good day the Chessy is 1 foot or less.

Regards, Bob K
    Thanks Bob, I appreciate the offer and your input. This ole' boy doesn't stay on the hook unless his engine quits! With that, I'll be running from marina to marina. I'll just have to wait and see where weather is concerned. Shoot me your number in a PM and we'll see what happens.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    Stay outside through NJ. If you have to duck inside, don't do it before Atlantic City. If it's too rough outside, it's best to stay outside until Barnegat Inlet and come back out at Manasquan Inlet. Barnegat can be rough but it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be. Watch the tides going through Hell Gate. The current can cost you 3-5kts if your bucking it. LI Sound can be a bit choppy but not too bad unless the wind is really blowing East or Westerly. Lots of crab and lobster pots to look out for. If you have a good weather window, Running outside from Sandy Hook to Montauk will save you some time.
    Thanks Jack, I have a feeling I'll be running inside to Manasquan, but maybe I'll get lucky. Thanks to Walter P, I've been on the stretch from Jersey through NYC and Hell's Gate on out the LIS. I'm actually looking forward to that part of the trip. At this point, looks like I'll be doing this one solo, but that's always subject to change.

How 'bout it Jim, you up for another boat ride?
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93