Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Chattanooga To Charlevoix

Everything has been confirmed and I'll be headed out this Thursday morning. Looks like I'll have company as far as Paducah, then it's back to oh solo meo. I'd like to have another person for the rest of the trip, but it was just too short a notice. Up until yesterday, I was thinking I was just going as far as Paducah. Anybody have any words of wisdom or sarcasm they would like to impart before I depart?

As always, it would be nice to meet up with any of you HOF'ers on the way. Other than having a deadline (of sorts) of getting the boat to Paducah by the 5th, I'll just be making my way from marina to marina... when possible. Tried finding an updated version of Quimby's today, but no luck. Mine is pretty old to say the least. If nothing else, I'll just pull over and ask directions.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

2. Re: Chattanooga To Charlevoix

Oh I can't wait to hear the trials and tribulations this will end up being....NOTHING ever goes smoothly for the Bird........
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Re: Chattanooga To Charlevoix

OK, now who wants to go with words of wisdom?
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

4. Re: Chattanooga To Charlevoix

"Tried finding an updated version of Quimby's today, but no luck. Mine is pretty old to say the least. If nothing else, I'll just pull over and ask directions."

See ActiveCaptain.com
    Bill
    Brickell - Miami, Fl
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine

I signed up on ActiveCaptain several months ago but haven't looked at it for inland navigation. Truth is, I had forgotten all about it. Just checked it out, and the only glitch I see is it doesn't seem to show river mile markers. Other than that, it will definitely be a big help in trip planning.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

It's just a river. Follow the bank and you get there. No big deal. Stop whining like its complicated. It's not like you are going in the ocean.

be safe and enjoy the ride my friend. I may have a boat going north next year that needs a you. I will let you know if it comes up.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Just following the bank is like just following the coastline.

I'm not worried in the least, but I do need to make sure I know where I can buy fuel. I'll have a good idea as to range before I hit the long stretches. I know I can run a displacement speeds and have no worries. BTW, this is a 52 Jefferson Monticello with 3208TA's.

As for predicting where you'll end up after x number of hours of running, running the river is a whole other animal than running the coast thanks to all the locks. You can spend anywhere from 30-40 minutes per lock or 4-5 hours, and there is no way to predict what you'll run into.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

8. Re: Chattanooga To Charlevoix

Is that Charlevoix in Michigan? If so, when do you expect to be in the Holland area? Howard in beautiful west Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Man Hatt'n' View Post
    Is that Charlevoix in Michigan? If so, when do you expect to be in the Holland area? Howard in beautiful west Michigan
    Is there another Charlevoix I don't know about? Just messing with you Howard. Yes, it's the one in Michigan. There are a number of variables including how the owner wants me to run the boat, but I'm guessing we'll arrive in Charlevoix around the 12th or so. We're going to be pushing things the first part of the trip as to get him to Paducah by the 5th. After that, it may be displacement speeds the rest of the trip. I'll know more in a few days.

Oh yeah, I say "we'll arrive" as it looks like I have another HOF'er who is going to make the trip.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxfishgyd View Post
    Oh I can't wait to hear the trials and tribulations this will end up being....NOTHING ever goes smoothly for the Bird........
    Well Charlie I hate to tell you this but I'de go with him at the drop of a Hatt.Betcha it comes off without anything happening.Good luck Randy.Wish I was with you!!!Robby
    CRAZZZY NUFFF