Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Know Your Hatteras Colors (paint)

I am painting some boat items and surfaces on my '72 43'DC, but I am trying to use the newer Hatt color paints, rather than the legacy white, which was a cream color. I am in possession of Interlux Brightside "4208 Hatteras Off-White" (polyurethane), plus I have "read about" a white, less than total bright-white, called "Hatteras 1990".

Any suggestions on stabilizing on a particular model or number white and a type, polyurethane, etc.

Thanks as always...
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Re: Know Your Hatteras Colors (paint)

I have used Interlux Brightside 4208 Hatteras Off White to paint accessories on the boat and it is a pretty close match to the 1983 hull color, although the boat was repainted with Imron, which I believe was a match for the original hull.

Brightside has several whites, and I used one of them on several non hatteras projects. I have not used the Hatteras 1990. We repainted a 15' skiff with the only white available in gallon size, on the outside hull and 4208 off white on the interior and it turned out well. The difference in colors is apparent.
    Regards,
    Vincent Castigliola
    Lilly Marie - 43 DC 1983
    Pascagoula, Mississippi

Rather than history as a peaceful continuum interrupted by war, “For the first time in the nation's history men in authority are talking about an "emergency" without a foreseeable end" _ C. Wright Mills 1956

4218 is a match for the Imron on my boat - which was repainted with the 1990 Hatt color/Imron in 1994-5. It is a PERFECT match - you can paint something with it and not see any difference in the color between the newly painted item and the Imron.
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    4218 is a match for the Imron on my boat - which was repainted with the 1990 Hatt color/Imron in 1994-5. It is a PERFECT match - you can paint something with it and not see any difference in the color between the newly painted item and the Imron.
    Just to make sure, is "4218" a typo for "4208" above, or is "4218" a different number color that "4208" in the above posts? Also, thanks for the notation that 4218 is a match for Hatt 1990 white.

Thx,

Yes, 4218 (forty-two-eighteen) is Hatteras 1990 off-white.
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

Pretty much ends this thread...thanks for quick posts!