Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Engine Meltdown

Re: Engine Meltdown

Does anyone know where I can get some new casted genuine DD heads. The mechanics down here from Diesel Tech, Houma, LA are telling me damm near impossible to get new casted heads for a 6V92. Let me know if you guys know anything.
    Thanks

Dear Friends,

As I am new to the forum and large boats in general, I have a question. Don't the engines have a warning bell and or an automatic shutoff when the temperature exceeds the maximum? This plus the same type of warning/shutoff for low oil pressure, should be mandatory! Am I wrong on this?

Nop you are not wrong but nothing on these boats is 100 percent or foolproof. If there is a localized issue it may not cause the sensor to go out of the preset limit.

It happens.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Question Re: Engine Meltdown

This is a very old thread, sorry for bringing it back from the dead. I was just curious what happened with this rebuild? Hopefully it was successfully completed years ago, followed by hours and hours of happy boating?

Regards,

JCG