Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Man, this stuff really Pisses me OFF!!!

"Pentagon to reconsider landing Chinooks in battle zones"

From this article: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/08/0...#ixzz1UTvwUaSp

I was in the 101st in Vietnam (twice). We learned that lesson 40+ years ago. Chinooks ("Hooks") were NEVER used for combat assaults due to the danger of one chopper being shot down with 40 guys on board. Hooks were only used to move troops between secure areas. What the HELL is the matter with these people? Whoever is in charge needs to simply READ some Vietnam after action reports. Sadly, no one seems to do that so our troops are condemned to dying because their leaders failed to learn from their predecessors. And all they have to do is read or just ask some vets...
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

Re: Man, this stuff really Pisses me OFF!!!

Leaders? What leaders?
    Searching...
    Daytona Beach, FL

Sadly, we already learned the lessons in WWII. Then we unlearned them in Korea. We got our Masters in unleaning in Vietnam and now we're working on our Ph.D.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

4. Re: Man, this stuff really Pisses me OFF!!!

"working on our PhD?"
    Think we're working on our 3rd PhD
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

I see the F22 is making the airshow rounds over here. Damn shame they wont use it incountry because they are afraid of losing one.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    I see the F22 is making the airshow rounds over here. Damn shame they wont use it incountry because they are afraid of losing one.

Try again....it's grounded. Been grounded for quite some time. Just send in the Navy or Marines when you need it to get done...they don't even need a base.

BTW, military leaders are too busy worrying about gettign women on Subs, ending don't ask/don't tell, kissing ass to congress instead of standing up ufor what they believe, etc, etc...PC military is more important than mission.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    Try again....it's grounded. Been grounded for quite some time. Just send in the Navy or Marines when you need it to get done...they don't even need a base.

BTW, military leaders are too busy worrying about gettign women on Subs, ending don't ask/don't tell, kissing ass to congress instead of standing up ufor what they believe, etc, etc...PC military is more important than mission.
    I saw it at S-N-F in april. I know they grounded it in may after the Alaska crash. I did see it advertised to be on the summer airshow schedule. But your right I cant find that its been returned to service.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976

My good friend works on f22, as of last time I talked to him (a week or two ago) it was grounded.

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    My good friend works on f22, as of last time I talked to him (a week or two ago) it was grounded.
    When I was googling around I saw they had some 22's in Guam for a while but pulled them out due to moisture problems shorting out the electronics. Not real confidence inspiring for a supposed all weather fighter.

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    When I was googling around I saw they had some 22's in Guam for a while but pulled them out due to moisture problems shorting out the electronics. Not real confidence inspiring for a supposed all weather fighter.
    Not too sure how true that is. F22 was out here on and off from Alaska and VA. No airplanes live at Guam, they only deploy.