Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RayMarine E120

1. RayMarine E120

Plotter stopped working about 2 days ago outside of Savana.
    It was working, switched from Shore to Gen, and it just dies.
    There is 24v power to the connector, but until will not turn on, any advice on next step.
    Or is it now just another thing that's broke on the new boat
    TommyB
    Full Cave Diver Instructor TDI
    NAUI
    TDI/SDI
    www.cavediver.net

Re: RayMarine E120

Are you sure that unit runs on 24v? Check to see if there maybe isn't a 12v battery (with it's own charger?) on the FB somewhere that's running the electronics. Are the other nav electronics working OK? I think there's a DC sub breaker panel on the front of the helm, down low and to port that runs that stuff.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    Are you sure that unit runs on 24v? Check to see if there maybe isn't a 12v battery (with it's own charger?) on the FB somewhere that's running the electronics. Are the other nav electronics working OK? I think there's a DC sub breaker panel on the front of the helm, down low and to port that runs that stuff.
    It will run 12 or 24 volt. If there is power at the unit it could have an internal problem. pull it out and have it checked on a bench.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

4. Re: RayMarine E120

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    I'll be back on boat today and check. But all other electronics are working.
    It was either 12 or 24 volts. I just remember it had power to the connector that plugs into unit
    TommyB
    NAUI
    TDI/SDI
    www.cavediver.net

Check the fuse(s).
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

George is right - check the fuses. That unit comes with an inline fuse also- its in the power line that connects the unit to your ship power source.

7. Re: RayMarine E120

Quote Originally Posted by eze2bme View Post
    George is right - check the fuses. That unit comes with an inline fuse also- its in the power line that connects the unit to your ship power source.
    There was power to the plug. just don't recall the volts to the plug that goes into back of unit
    But will check again.
    thanks!
    TommyB
    NAUI
    TDI/SDI
    www.cavediver.net

tommy, make sure you have a good ground also. voltage without a ground is like not having voltage