Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

How many here have

The 75 gal aux tank on a 43DCMY or even a 53 my.Just curious especially after last weeks debocial of flaming an engine out------Robby

Re: How many here have

In My 43DC I have 5 tanks. 2 fuel, 2 holding and 1 water.

BILL

Our 1980 43'DC has three 95 gal centerline keel tanks - one fuel, one water and the holding tank. There is a single 300 gal fuel tank in aft cabin.
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    The 75 gal aux tank on a 43DCMY or even a 53 my.Just curious especially after last weeks debocial of flaming an engine out------Robby
    Robby, the simple answer to your problem is not to try to transfer fuel while the engines are running. As you may recall, we talked about not understanding why that auxilliary tank fuel line had been plumbed into a supply line instead of into a return line, so I would think that might be a fairly easy fix if you want to be able to transfer fuel to the primary tank while underway.

That being said, it sounds like you may have just gotten your eyes crossed (easy to do) and inadvertently shut off the fuel to the engine you "flamed out".
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Robby, the simple answer to your problem is not to try to transfer fuel while the engines are running. As you may recall, we talked about not understanding why that auxilliary tank fuel line had been plumbed into a supply line instead of into a return line, so I would think that might be a fairly easy fix if you want to be able to transfer fuel to the primary tank while underway.

That being said, it sounds like you may have just gotten your eyes crossed (easy to do) and inadvertently shut off the fuel to the engine you "flamed out".
    Naw.There are only two valves and one electrical switch.I just let it run too long.Its a good thing we didn't flame them both out.Each valve feeds from the aux to the main.