Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Hot Water Heater Replacement 43DC

Quote Originally Posted by Vincentc View Post
    The heater is below the dinette , which is port side fwd of the engine room bulkhead. The heater is alongside the hull and rests on a plywood platform. The heater I put in is 15 1/5 inches high and I had to take about 3/8" of wood to get it in.

OK, I don't have a dinette in mine. good luck.

BILL

2. Re: Hot Water Heater Replacement 43DC

Mine is also in front of the starboard engine. LOTS of height available
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

The heater I replaced does not appear to be OEM but the flared copper connections tell me that this is where Hatteras put the water heater. I wonder what the original heater in that small space was.
    Regards,
    Vincent Castigliola
    Lilly Marie - 43 DC 1983
    Pascagoula, Mississippi

Rather than history as a peaceful continuum interrupted by war, “For the first time in the nation's history men in authority are talking about an "emergency" without a foreseeable end" _ C. Wright Mills 1956

Quote Originally Posted by Vincentc View Post
    I called Whirlpool and they said the side plugs are removable. They were half right. With some not so gentle persuasion one plug came out, the other remains immovable. I am going to take it back to Lowes.

Fred, with the Bosch unit on its side how high is it? I would rather keep the heater where the pump and plumbing is. My height limit is 15 inches and can gain an inch by cutting the plywood decking underneath the heater. Width and depth are around 20"

I have Amazon prime and can have it shipped one day for $4.
    Thanks
    I left the relief valve on the side. Figured if it needed to it would vent there just as well. Never had one vent on any house or boat. had a couple leak because of sediment.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"