Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

8 volt battery source--need it ASAP

One my 4 8volt batteries shorted out on one side of my 32 volt sytem. I need a source (hopefully up in New York) to replace this 8 volt battery. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am looking to replace it today.

Re: 8 volt battery source--need it ASAP

Try Interstate batteries

Tried them. No dealer has any in stock in my area. Any other thoughts?

go to the exide site, they have contact info. their local office can sell them to you or tell you who has them.

or try calling local golf cart dealers.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Figured out I did not need a battery after all. I had no luck in trying to find one on Saturday so I had made up another battery cable (the actual jumper on the negative terminals that join my two 8 volt batteries to the next set of two 8 volt batteries) and all is fine. I guess the connection must have loosened and the amp draw cause it to melt off the post when I started the boat.

Wondered why I needed to parallel to start the stb engine the other day. Now I know why. I must have had a loose lug. Melted one entire post off of an 8v-195 Interstate. Hope to find a replacement close to Whitehall/Muskegon MI. If I have to I'll drive to Grand Rapids Interstate tomorrow, but if anyone has a possible closer source, let me know.