Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

"New Posts" section

After I read my usual sections of the forum I usually click on the "New Posts" heading to see what else I might have missed. For the last few days I'm getting "Sorry- no matches. Try some different terms." Is this something new or just due to to my lagging internet connections from the Bahamas?

Even though it's rainy and squally from a front coming through today, it's still Better in the Bahamas!
    Jim Grove, Fanfare 1966 50MY Hull #22 (Delivered Jan. 7, 1966)

"LIFE IS JUST ONE DAMNED THING AFTER ANOTHER." Frank Ward O'Malley, Journalist, Playwright 1875-1932

Re: "New Posts" section

Just tried it and it worked fine for me. I guess you can't have it all. You get the Bahamas on your boat. I get NJ where I'm stuck on land looking out at the snow falling. I thought this was the first day of spring!
    Jack Sardina

Huh, use another computer, "New Posts" works fine. Something else to ponder. Now if my outboard was just working....

Thanks.

"LIFE IS JUST ONE DAMNED THING AFTER ANOTHER." Frank Ward O'Malley, Journalist, Playwright 1875-1932

It must have been the connection. Not only was "New Posts" not working, two or three threads of posts were not updating, starting me in the same place each time, while others updated fine. Now, on a better satellite internet connection, all is well.

Hi All,

As it was explained to me some time ago, if you click on new posts and then go into each post and then click on new posts again it will not find anything because you visited them all, they are no longer new to you.

I tested this by clicking on new posts, viewing a couple of them, waiting a few minutes then selecting new posts again and all it brought back was the posts I had not viewed originally. The ones I did view didn't show in the list.
    Gene
    Former Owner 1974 Hatteras Yachtfish
    Glittering Image

Hull # 50
    Total Production 1972-1975 Sixty Four

Hi All,

Just tried the experiment again and I'm WRONG !!

I Hit new posts, viewed one, waited a few minutes and hit new posts again and all were still there.

Good chance I could have been on drugs the last time I experimented with this.
    Gene
    Former Owner 1974 Hatteras Yachtfish
    Glittering Image

Hull # 50
    Total Production 1972-1975 Sixty Four

Ever since I upgraded to IE9, New Posts won't work. Anyone else having this problem?
    Looking for another boat...not a Hatt