Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Good source for veneered plywood?

I need to build some sills for the salon windows, and a few other miscellaneous bits. I'm not sure whether the veneer Ocean used in the 1990 CPMY salon is teak or something else, but if I can get their customer service to tell me, I need to find a place that might have a supply of veneered ply in 1/4" and 1/2". Any suggestions?
    Searching...
    Daytona Beach, FL

Re: Good source for veneered plywood?

boutler plywood in mass can supply any veneer on any ply you wish.i have very good luck with them.look VERY close at the grain of your ply.at some point in the 90's the teak veneer ocean used was not natural but manufactured,it would look at close inspection to be litteraly 1.000;s of impossibly thin strips of wood.the grain will be unnaturaly straight it gives a very even look. if that is what you have, natural veneer would be hard to blend in.good luck.

Atlantic Veneers in Beaufort NC is the wholesale font for most of this, and they will sell direct. Also try World Panel. Closer to you is Wood Chuck Workshop in Dania FL taht specializes in marine stuff.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

Use solid wood on those sills! Plywood will never last! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Quote Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill View Post
    Use solid wood on those sills! Plywood will never last! ws
    I agree. And you should probably use teak and then just stain it to match what you have.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Don't count on Ocean Yachts customer service for any information at all. A few years ago I owned a 66' Super Sport 1993 (hull #1). I called Ocean for some info and they could not have been any more rude or disinterested in answering my questions. Their attitude was AMFYOYO.

If you have a sample of the veneer that you need, Seafarer in Ft Lauderdale will be very helpful in matching it. http://www.seafarermarine.com/
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

OK, I'll ask, AMFYOYO???

AMFYOYO Adios My Friend You're On Your Own ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    Don't count on Ocean Yachts customer service for any information at all. A few years ago I owned a 66' Super Sport 1993 (hull #1). I called Ocean for some info and they could not have been any more rude or disinterested in answering my questions. Their attitude was AMFYOYO.

If you have a sample of the veneer that you need, Seafarer in Ft Lauderdale will be very helpful in matching it. http://www.seafarermarine.com/

You buy it from Dickie? Blue hull?
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill View Post
    AMFYOYO Adios My Friend You're On Your Own ws
    I don't think the MF means "My Friend".

But I do think you already know that.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375