Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Ventilation exhaust ports

I know this is a dumb question. I have looked in the owners manual and drawings and have not found the locations of the motors to the 3 ventilation exhaust ports to the galley and the two heads. The ones with the little screens on them. The one in the fwd head works. The galley and the aft head does not work, or if they do its very little. I turned on the fwd head fan and went into the engine room and didnt hear a fan running. Basically I have looked all over and cant find the motors. I'm trying to fix the two that do not work. Are they 3 seperate motors or just one and I have two bent ducts ? Thanks for the help.

pate
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC

Re: Ventilation exhaust ports

Hi All,

Pate,

Mine are 3 individual units. The head blowers are behind access panels in the heads and I can't remember where the galley blower is but I know it's it own unit.
    Gene
    Former Owner 1974 Hatteras Yachtfish
    Glittering Image

Hull # 50
    Total Production 1972-1975 Sixty Four

In my 1986 43, the exhaust fan for the master head is behind the port salon wall, towards the stern, and the fan for the galley is behind the port salon wall towards the bow. If you have the original Hatteras blue prints, there is a sheet that shows all of the access points for the boat, and it shows where these are located.

Thanks for the reply. Well, the aft head works, but it takes a while to spool up. I havent yet found the diagrahms in the manuals. I'll keep looking. I guess it not a big deal but it is good to be able to exhaust the moist steam when taking a shower. Seems like there's always something to work on. At least its not a cruise stopper.
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC

Youll need little hand with 10 inch long fingers! ws

This is the galley location (upper left) its three feet forward of the galley grill!

Bubba really thinked this one through didnt he???

This one is the forward head... get ready to tear the cabinet back apart over the sink!

Think I'm shittinya??
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 04-24-2011 at 10:55 AM.
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults