Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Acrylic panes incorporated in canvas

Acrylic (EZ2CY) can be heated and bent around corners. The same should be true for polycarbonate, but more heat is needed. However the one example I know of had seamed corners.

Bob

The canvas guy who did mine makes Makrolon go around corners all the time, in fact thats one of the main reasons he loves using the product. Wherever it goes around a corner you will have NO distortion like you would on regular roll glass.

Just like anything else you own, treat the Poly well and keep it clean. Same goes for Strataglass, EZ2CY, Acrylic, Roll Glass, and any other canvas product.

As my canvas is only 2 .5 years old I am only interested in getting 3 forward flybridge windows replace with suitable "hard" stuff at this time. Corners are not a big issue at this time.
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

Regarding MY aft deck enclosures:
    Has anyone used sliding plexiglass panels in slotted tracks instead of the canvas enclosure with vinyl zip and roll up windows?

Kind of like the the sliding windows in the Saloon, but using plastic instead of glass, shorter window panes and deeper slots in the tracks to allow for some movement of the hardtop relative to the handrail. With a deep enough track at the top the panels could be removed and stowed.

Not that I need a new project but the thought hit me this morning.

Regards,
    Vincent
    Regards,
    Vincent Castigliola
    Lilly Marie - 43 DC 1983
    Pascagoula, Mississippi

Rather than history as a peaceful continuum interrupted by war, “For the first time in the nation's history men in authority are talking about an "emergency" without a foreseeable end" _ C. Wright Mills 1956