Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hofer's New Years Eve Party in Miami area????

We took Bob K up on his gratious offer to stop by Port St. Lucie and stay at the Tarpon Bay Yacht Club gratus. Well Bob and his beautiful first mate Gail treated us like royalty. Gail cooked a wonderful meal one night and we went to a cocktail party the next. Both Bob and Gail drove us around town for reprovisioning and last minute Christmas gifts. What special people they are and really made us feel at home. Bob and Gail are a testament to what wonderful people "Boaters" are.

Bout time is heading south and will be in Miami area about New Years, would love to get together with some HOFER's if anyone is getting together for New Years ???? Let us know, we have never met a party we didn't like !!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Ron & Charm Kirby
    Bout Time

Re: Hofer's New Years Eve Party in Miami area????

In what marina will you be staying when you are in Miami? Maynard, Pascal, and I are at Dinner Key Marina.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    In what marina will you be staying when you are in Miami? Maynard, Pascal, and I are at Dinner Key Marina.
    Hi Angela,we don't have a marina that we stay in. We generally stay on the hook and I think the last time we were thru your area we stayed at your marina. Isn't there a anchorage there ????

We will be crossing to the Bahamas after the first of the year. Let's have a New Years Party. I'll supply the Margaritas. Giddiup everyone in the pool!!

Cheers,

Ron & Charm

Dinner Key recently installed a large mooring field where the anchorage used to be, and the moorings only accept boats up to 40'.

People who want to anchor nearby Dinner Key either have to do so pretty far out toward the middle of the bay, or to the south side of the marina's mooring field, just south of Brennan's channel where there are mostly derelict boats and some folks actually living on them. It's just not anchor friendly in the immediate area any more. And taking a dinghy to/from there can be miserable if it's windy (wet!).

Let all of us know where you decide to end up. If you want to come to the marina, you should call Maria at the office ASAP. This place is really filling up. Pascal and I are on Pier 7; Maynard is on Pier 6.

There are fireworks downtown on the water on New Years Eve. Unfortunately, I won't be taking Sanctuary this time because I have the starboard heat exchanger apart, and I doubt the parts will be finished, painted, and reassembled by then.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Dinner Key recently installed a large mooring field where the anchorage used to be, and the moorings only accept boats up to 40'.

People who want to anchor nearby Dinner Key either have to do so pretty far out toward the middle of the bay, or to the south side of the marina's mooring field, just south of Brennan's channel where there are mostly derelict boats and some folks actually living on them. It's just not anchor friendly in the immediate area any more. And taking a dinghy to/from there can be miserable if it's windy (wet!).

Let all of us know where you decide to end up. If you want to come to the marina, you should call Maria at the office ASAP. This place is really filling up. Pascal and I are on Pier 7; Maynard is on Pier 6.

There are fireworks downtown on the water on New Years Eve. Unfortunately, I won't be taking Sanctuary this time because I have the starboard heat exchanger apart, and I doubt the parts will be finished, painted, and reassembled by then.
    Ok, so we'll call the marina and see if we can get a transient slip for a couple of days. We will need fuel and a pump out by then anyway.But if memory serves me correctly you don't have fuel. Well no luck just called the marina and they are booked. If there is a place to drop the hook we have a 17' skiff that will take reasonably rough water.

I pulled both my exchangers last winter and dipped them , made a world of difference in operating temperatures.

Would love to meet you guys!

Merry Christmas,

Ron
    Last edited by ron6785; 12-24-2010 at 09:10 AM.

Ron, let me check with some of my permanent neighbors to see if any of them will be out of their slips. What are your precise dates? Once I know that, I'll do some checking. I have two neighbors that have been gone for weeks now, and their slips are empty. They will be back though. I can ask the marina to call and ask when. And the sailing school/club's slip has been empty since early summer, yet it's not listed on the board up at the office as an "available" slip. So, sometimes, armed with precise dates, it helps to just go up there, even if at the last minute (which might even be better when trying to get a slip that isn't technically available), and ask for a neighbor's slip because he's out on a trip. So, let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

I'm noticing that "boating" must be back on the rise. The marina got full for winter quickly this year - it didn't do that last year at all.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"

Ron, I forgot...fuel....

Dinner Key, itself, does not have fuel. This spot of waterfront here has three marinas, all continuously running along the same waterfront. If you weren't familiar with this spot, you might think it's just one huge marina. The other two have fuel. Grove Harbor (or is it Grove Key - I can never remember!) and Scotties. I get mine at Scotties because it's cheaper. The finger pier for that fuel dock is short and the pilings are not tall enough if it's high tide, but having lines ready and fenders ready to protect you from the pilings if it's high tide, then it's no big deal. We pull bow in, fill up, and leave.

Or you can go to the other one at Grove-something and pay a little more, but it's easier to dock there. Best to call and see who has the best price. Scotties has always been cheaper for me, but that doesn't mean it's always cheaper - it's not like I fuel once a week! I've only been over there a few times in the past 2 years. The Grove-something fuel dock is the first one you'll see. Scotties is tucked away behind it and you might not see Scotties unless you know it's back there and go looking for it.

Pumpout is right here at the slip in Dinner Key. The other marinas don't have pump out. They tell their tenants to go over to Dinner Key and find an empty slip and use theirs. LOL So, there's the scoop on poop and fuel!
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"

Ron, call the marina NOW. Pier 7, Slip 26 just opened up. The boat that was going in there is too big and he can't get in. So, a slip JUST now opened up.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"

I am enjoying some time with Ron and Charm from "Bout Time". They pulled into the marina and got a slip just four down from me. We've run our errands (provisioning) and are ready for some football, adult beverages and New Years Eve celebrations. Anyone in Miami....stop on by!
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"

10. Re: Hofer's New Years Eve Party in Miami area????

football???? oh that's right..... you're a college fan..... Give me the NFL...
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com