Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: Wanted: Dodgerboard-small scrap piece

Saturday started late after fueling. Nasty off Little Sable Point 6+ and a few larger. After 4 hours I stopped in Ludington for the night. The double door refrig was 'walking around in the galley', then the door opened - not good. Heavy spray over the windshield with every wave. Sunday I made 90 miles and stopped in Leland, kind of sloppy weather but bearable. Monday was ideal, 1-2ft with light wind, ran 90 miles into Cheboygan. I ran the whole trip at 9.2-10.2 kts, 1250rpm.

I wouldn't stay in Leland again. The new docks are too low for big boats, no uprights and the power pedestals are right on the edge of the dock - bow flare and hull flare will cause a collision. Must fender at the water line prior to docking and the basin is really shallow - not worth the trouble. Marinas in both Ludington and Leland almost empty of boats, very sad.
    Bear'
    1984 61' MY Strategic Plan

Re: Wanted: Dodgerboard-small scrap piece

Bear,
    I was on the fuel dock at Leland last time and they had pilings. I didn't realize that the other docks did not have them. Glad to hear you made it back without incident. Maybe we'll see you sometime in late July.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI