Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Wanted: Dodgerboard-small scrap piece

Northcott,
    Sams has some corner pieces on their parts listing. You might give them a call.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Just measured and I need a minimum of 32 1/4" X 26".
    Sky Cheney

Quote Originally Posted by Northcott View Post
    I need some for the aft corner peices of the flybridge (the curved part). Is this a seperate peice or do can you bend it?

Have fun with those corners. Hurrican Ike blew one of my corners out (in Ohio) and I'm still getting it right! The yard custom cut and bent, but:
    Dropped on initial install- redo# 1
    Forgot the bottom edge is curved- redo#2
    Didn't prime before paint- redo# 3
    Cut too large and has dimples- awaiting redo# 4!

Thinking of cutting the FB off!!!
    Formally Top Hatt and Tails
    1980 53MY

Sky,

I may still have some small pieces around in my storage warehouse. Probably not enough for your needs, but combined with Gene's piece, I'm pretty sure you'll be fine. Only problem is that I will be back in the hospital again tomorrow morning. It seems my heart needs constant work on it...kind of like Detroit Diesels. I should be out by the weekend and will drive over to the warehouse to dig them out. Please let me know if this will work for you.

Walt

p.s. The curved corners are made from what appears to be laminated formica of similar. I bought a couple from Steve years ago and they worked out fine. You cannot bend the regular dodger board. By the way Steve (SAM's) used to have dodger board available in 1/8 or 1/4 inch thickness and the special track to mount it. Check him out.
    Last edited by Walter P; 11-29-2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: forgot to mention curved corners from Sam's

Walt,
    Thanks for the offer. Let me know what you have and we'll see if it will work.

Good luck on the heart maintenance.
    Sky Cheney

You Take Care Walt !!
    Gene
    Former Owner 1974 Hatteras Yachtfish
    Glittering Image

Hull # 50
    Total Production 1972-1975 Sixty Four

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post

p.s. The curved corners are made from what appears to be laminated formica of similar. I bought a couple from Steve years ago and they worked out fine. You cannot bend the regular dodger board. By the way Steve (SAM's) used to have dodger board available in 1/8 or 1/4 inch thickness and the special track to mount it. Check him out.

Walt, I was told (by Sams I think) that the original curved corners for our boats were made of acrylic.

Bob

I have purchased both types over the years from Steve at Hatteras (before Sam's) For the bridge (aft section and corners I used the 1/8" bent "laminate" as previously described. For the aft deck enclosure, I used 1/4" material which came in sheets that measured 12 ft x 49" x 1/4". The curved corner pieces were in fact bent acrylic (plexiglass or similiar). The painted completed job looked excellent .

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Just measured and I need a minimum of 32 1/4" X 26".

SENT YOU A PM ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Sky,

I do have several pieces in the storage containers.. I'll send you a
    pm later.

Walt