Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Re: Well we are pretty much loaded and ready to go

Jason, I haven't talked to Scott yet, but thanks for the offer. We may very well take you up on that. I thought Robby was gonna have a stroke when this slip cost him $100. Welcome to boating in Florida.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Jason, I haven't talked to Scott yet, but thanks for the offer. We may very well take you up on that. I thought Robby was gonna have a stroke when this slip cost him $100. Welcome to boating in Florida.

If in fact you do stay at Harbortown, they have a coupon on their website for $.75/ft dockage. Figure out a way to print it out and you've got a cheap(er) slip.

Thanks again Jason. I'll do a C&P of their coupon and email it to myself. From what I understand, they're hurting for business, so I doubt it would be a problem getting them to honor that price. Shoot me your phone number in a PM and I'll give you a buzz to confirm what we're doing and where. I'll get Robby to cook you a hot dog.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Yeah, Harbortown is Ok I bought my 43 Hatt there, just watch the entrance markers and I believe there may still be a resident gator !!!!, restaurant is pretty fair and there is a pool.

Thanks for the price check. I'll take on enough to make sure we can make it to Harbortown.

Kinda funny, I got into a pissing match with the bridge tender on approach to St Augustine Municipal. It was dark, and I couldn't make out the clearance on the gauge. I radioed him and asked what it was, and he asked what I needed. Robby said it was about 17', so that's what I told him. With that, he said there was clearance and to come through.

Once I got even with the gauge, it was showing 17'. I wasn't going to chance it not knowing our exact height, so I requested an opening. He got snotty and said, "I thought you only needed 17 feet."

I explained it was too close for comfort and again requested an opening. It took forever, but he finally did. He asked the name of the boat as he began raising the bridge. I told him my name was Pascal, and the boat's name was Charmer.

he didn't get snotty, he didn't realize that you missed the fact that like most if not all fl bridges, clearance is at low steel. so when you look at those clearance boards, you get another 3 to 4 feet at center.

bridge of Lyons has well over 20' at high tide although there is a discrepancy between the south and north side gauges

with 17' you can get under just about everything except Titusville
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

A 43' boat for $100 hell that's a good price up here got to Newport in July and see how much

As Bird said afternoon launch is plenty to see hell you can see it from Orlando airport and that is first hand knowledge
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

You can feel the launch at Harbortown. Even better in the banana River 4 miles closer. Been there and done that a few times.

My schedule is taking me to Tampa today but you never know when I will get out there especially if there is a launch.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    he didn't get snotty, he didn't realize that you missed the fact that like most if not all fl bridges, clearance is at low steel. so when you look at those clearance boards, you get another 3 to 4 feet at center.

bridge of Lyons has well over 20' at high tide although there is a discrepancy between the south and north side gauges

with 17' you can get under just about everything except Titusville
    He got snotty. No way in hell am I going to press my luck at night. Why should I?
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

You don't have to take risk but you ll find most tenders will get snotty if you request an opening with 3' to spare
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

So, the tender will argue the gauge isn't accurate? Who pays when things go boom? It's not like the guy had to crank it up by hand.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93