Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Re: Well we are pretty much loaded and ready to go

Quote Originally Posted by bobk View Post
    Isn't that an afternoon launch? Hard to see much.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/sh...ain/index.html
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

2. Re: Well we are pretty much loaded and ready to go

J-dreams. There's a marina there, complete with resturant. On the west side of the ICW and semi close to the toll bridge to get to the ocesn..... Have taken 3 boats there for the owners....... Course that was a few years ago....
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

You're making great time. Cocoa Marina is good for the shuttle launch, also Titusville.
    Bill Root, USCG 100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    MV BUFFALO GAL
    1988 54' MY

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxfishgyd View Post
    J-dreams. There's a marina there, complete with resturant. On the west side of the ICW and semi close to the toll bridge to get to the ocesn..... Have taken 3 boats there for the owners....... Course that was a few years ago....

What toll bridge is in Palm Bay?
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    What toll bridge is in Palm Bay?

There are no toll bridges anywhere here. And if you're thinking about Palm Bay Marina, there is a low bridge (US1) you must go under which is only 10 or 12' clearance. Better check where you plan on staying...or I can let you guys tie up here for the night.

Farther south in Sebastian, there are a couple marinas that can accomodate you (Sebastian Inlet Marina and Captain Hiram's)...just be cautious to stay within their marked channel from the ICW west.

Let me know if I can help out.

Jason
    Last edited by J's Dream; 11-03-2010 at 10:05 PM.

watch the depth at Matanzas and Ponce... at Matanzas, split the floating greens (81A thru 81D with the shoreline) for best water which is aout 7' at low tide but a lot less if you stray off.

at ponce, on the south side, there is a lot shoaling. it's down to 7' MLW, stay close to RED 18 there, there is only 5' or less on teh green side.

the rest of the ICW south is all clear to the St Lucie river... Just anchored north of the river aftger a long run from Daytona (good anchorage just south of the municipal marina)

Cocoa Marina, east shore north of bridge is a good stop, walking distance of teh village downtown with restaurants.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Made it into St. Augustine Municipal Marina and plan to make it to Harbortown Marina at Merritt Island tomorrow. Last I heard, the shuttle is supposed to launch at 3:30, but I doubt the weather will cooperate.

As for there not being much to see with an afternoon launch, I beg to differ. Went out with some friends a couple of years ago and saw one, and it was awesome. We should be in a pretty good position to see the launch if it does in fact happen at 3:30. Should be out of here by 7:30 or so and have been running primarily around 8 knots to save fuel. Haven't taken on any fuel since leaving Sanford, but we're still showing half a tank. Fuel here is about $3.10, so I'm hoping/thinking we can do better.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Harbortown Marina's website says their fuel is $2.609/gal. They're usually the lowest in our area.

As for the shuttle, if the weather holds out, your view will be great anywhere in Brevard or Volusia Counties.

Thanks for the price check. I'll take on enough to make sure we can make it to Harbortown.

Kinda funny, I got into a pissing match with the bridge tender on approach to St Augustine Municipal. It was dark, and I couldn't make out the clearance on the gauge. I radioed him and asked what it was, and he asked what I needed. Robby said it was about 17', so that's what I told him. With that, he said there was clearance and to come through.

Once I got even with the gauge, it was showing 17'. I wasn't going to chance it not knowing our exact height, so I requested an opening. He got snotty and said, "I thought you only needed 17 feet."

I explained it was too close for comfort and again requested an opening. It took forever, but he finally did. He asked the name of the boat as he began raising the bridge. I told him my name was Pascal, and the boat's name was Charmer.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Yeah, these guys tend to have nasty attitudes. You can be fairly certain that if that should happen here, a letter from the USCG will arrive at the registered owners house explaining the consequences of unnecessary bridge openings.

Is Scott in the area tomorrow to meet you at the marina? If not, my offer still stands that you can use my dock for the night.

Jason