Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Re: Well we are pretty much loaded and ready to go

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    While I'm thinking about it (and giving Robby some wheel time), do I remember correctly that West Marine or somebody will rent an EPIRB?

If we decide to do the Clearwater to Panama City thing, we'll need one. I'm hoping maybe there will be somebody in Clearwater that's going to make that run as to have some company if things work out that way.
    And a life raft? Didn't you borrow one or both from someone in that area when you took the 58 home? I have an EPIRB, but Miami isn't on your route. Is there a HOF member in the Tampa area who has an EPIRB to lend?
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

""Cheap and convenient"? Those could be our new names to replace pretty much loaded and ready to go. Robby's cheap, and I'm convenient! LOL"

I m hard to beat when it comes to cheap on dockage, I just did 1647NM from Nantucket to Miami spending a whopping $70 in dockage

If you want cheaper than Labelle and Roland Palace, just tie to the dolphins in clewiston. You just put the boat in between with stern and bow lines, it s free!

Did that in December with the 53 I took to houston
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    And a life raft? Didn't you borrow one or both from someone in that area when you took the 58 home? I have an EPIRB, but Miami isn't on your route. Is there a HOF member in the Tampa area who has an EPIRB to lend?

Yep my good friend Carl Guzman loaned me those items thinking he was going to do the crossing with me. We have a RIB but need an EPIRB.

Made it across a very rough Lake O and are sitting at the tiki bar at Rowland Martin. We may or may not overnight here. We'll see.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Boat US rents epirbs.

Decided to stay at Roland Martin after that bouncy ride across Okeechobee which re-arranged all the contents in the fridge and broke Brenda's sugar bowl. After that trip, the tiki bar was looking pretty good. We actually took some time after lunch to run through a few basics since this was the first time we've been on the boat in daylight without it moving.

Entering the west end of the lake headed for this...

www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

As I sat watching Alabama give away the game to LSU, my Bud Light was suddenly dwarfed by something these folks call a "Fish Bowl". Seeing as I how I had a "Bubba Burger" for lunch/dinner, it was almost too much to resist.

Actually, I kid around about drinking more than I drink. That's why I sometimes get myself in trouble when I'm around you damn boaters!

www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

That Tiki Bar at Roland Martin's can be alot of fun! I overnighted there in the 58YF back in summer '05, then again this year in the 78'er but in January the Tiki bar wasn't quite hopping like it does in the summer time.

Apparently they had to let "Little Man" go because he was abusing the sauce too much. He was the self-proclaimed "best Dockmaster in the world" and was even written up in Yachting magazine once. I was amazed while I watched him lasso my lines on the cleats with one hand, like he was lassoing cattle as the crowd at the Tiki bar shouted,"Git 'em Little Man!" Good times!

If I'm sitting here checking the expiration dates on the flares, and one accidentally goes off in the direction of the DJ blasting Latin rap music (to about half a dozen patrons) at our boat, would that be arson/murder/????
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    If I'm sitting here checking the expiration dates on the flares, and one accidentally goes off in the direction of the DJ blasting Latin rap music (to about half a dozen patrons) at our boat, would that be arson/murder/????
    justifiable homicide
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Well, not only is this rap crap still blasting with the MF this and MF that, I do believe I'm about to toss my Bubba Burger I had for lunch. No, I'm not kidding, and no, I didn't go back for a Fish Bowl. I'm afraid I'm going to be looking for another kind of bowl real soon.

I'll tell you one thing, there WILL be a discounted rate for this slip assuming I just don't toss the lines and head out if this crap continues much longer. This is beyond ridiculous. And this is supposed to be a resort/fish camp/marina? IMO it is none of the above. How Robby is sleeping through all this crap is beyond me. I've been trying since 11 having been up since 5:30 this morning.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93