Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Re: Well we are pretty much loaded and ready to go

Why on earth would anyone care enough about a forum like this to be censoring... Its not like kids are looking at nasty pictures

2. Re: Well we are pretty much loaded and ready to go

I guess some members can attack other members with impunity. Thirdface attacked Randy out of the blue on this thread. I guess some people can dish it out but can't take it. If you are going to take Randy on in a battle of wits, better bring your "A" game or stay home! Randy has a way with words. I have enjoyed his quick wit and every thread he puts up winds up with several thousand views. Randy's detractors can't seem to get enough, they are masochists because they come back for more and more punishment. Hell they like it so much they instigate these verbal entanglements even when Freebird is minding his own business. When Freebird flew the coup a couple of years ago, all you could hear on the forum was "crickets", and it went back to a very boring forum. Randy has been a goodwill Hatteras Ambassador and has personally met and visited more members of this forum than anyone else. He has become a great friend and if anyone dared to spend 5 minutes in person with Randy you will find out he has a great sense of humor and means no one ill will. But if someone waves their sword (keyboard) in his direction he takes it as friendly challenge and "enguard" defend yourself comes forthwith. LOL! Thirdface has been hitting Randy below the belt for years on this forum, and he takes it in stride and gives it back in spades and that is when the "WHINNING" starts. I say unless something is vulga, or lewd it should stay posted. Especially when it is just a parody or a good ribbing.
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com

Thumbs up Re: Well we are pretty much loaded and ready to go

Congratulations on a safe and successful move, Captain Freebird, and thanks for posting.
    Last edited by Hattman; 11-22-2010 at 10:52 PM. Reason: typo

After cropping and sizing a photo of Robby's boat for his avatar, he asked if I would send him the full size photo. Instead, I sent to him the entire album of shots I took on our trip. Quite honestly, until recently I hadn't seen the option of sharing an entire album, so here it is for those of you who may have an interest. I have more on my video camera, including stills, that I haven't uploaded yet. I'll post those later.

http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p...20to%20Mobile/
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

Why are the throttles on the wrong side?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Hell if I know. I just had fun using both of them.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Talking Re: Well we are pretty much loaded and ready to go

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Hell if I know. I just had fun using both of them.
    Bren just got home and its was the first time she has see this photo bucket and thank you Randy for posting it.Sky I think you should ask Randy about the photos of us being tied to a CG boat.Its a really funny story that he could not tell at the time.And it didn't
    Cost us a dime.All of those folks have moved on.So Randy tell it as it happened---------Robby
    CRAZZZY NUFFF

Can't wait to hear it.

My comment about the throttles was because Hatteras always put them on the port side, not stbd. Most other manufacturers set them up like yours. I see that some people change them especially if they have had another boat that way.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Well, in the interest of national security, I'll keep a few details to myself.

When we came into Cabbage Key, it had just gotten dark. I radioed that we were coming in for dinner, and somebody came back and told which dock to come into. Problem was, not only was it dark, it was windy as hell, and some sailboter had taken up the entire dock this guy was directing us into. When I told him of the situation, he said he would have the sailbote moved.

Trying to hold position in that tight harbor wasn't going to be a lot of fun, so I asked the coasties if I could raft up alongside them for a bit. They were nosed into the main dock and were stuck there because of a swing bridge malfunction on the ICW, and it was too rough for them in the Gulf. They were very accomodating and tossed over some fenders. Long story short, they agreed to allow us to stay put, and we ended up sitting near the sailboter in the restaurant who apparently had no interest in moving.

With that, Robby and I made our way to the restaurant for dinner. While there, a few members of the crew (who were off duty of course) came up to the bar as a football game was in progress. We invited them to the boat for cocktails, and they reciprocated by inviting us aboard for breakfast the next morning. They were a great bunch of guys who lightened our load considerably.

After breakfast, I headed up to the restaurant's gift shop and picked up a couple of shirts for me and my son. At that point, some guy asked if I was on the Hatteras, and I told him yes. He then proceeded to tell me I owed x amount of money for dock space. I advised him we had not used his power, we were not tied to his dock, and that we were taxpaying guests of the United States Coast Guard. I also informed him that we had just shared breakfast with the owner of Cabbage Key on the barge, and he was good with it. I then got a smile and a "have a nice trip".

We then boarded the Hatt, and the coasties were certain I was going to swap paint with them as the wind was kicking up something fierce. They positioned all hands on deck with fenders large enough to sink a lesser vessel, but I spun the Hatt out and back without incident, and we waived goodbye.
    Last edited by Freeebird; 06-15-2011 at 11:11 PM.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I figured I’d bump this one to prime the pump.

Hard to believe it’s been almost 10 years since Robby and Brenda officially entered the Hatteras family. Time sure does fly.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93