Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

fuel polishing service in Ft lauderdale ?

I'm looking for a fuel polishing service in Ft. Lauderdale. I'll need someone who can come to the dock behind a house. Any recommendations?
    Bill Root, USCG 100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    MV BUFFALO GAL
    1988 54' MY

2. Re: fuel polishing service in Ft lauderdale ?

Boatside Services 954-791-3700 Capt. Olafur has a boat that will travel the waterways and come to you for oil changes and fuel polishing. I have used this service for oil changes and it is very convenient.
    However if you want tank cleaning and fuel polishing call Gun Marine 954-522-6346, Bruce Locke. This involves pumping much of the fuel from one tank to another or into a bladder, then spraying fuel back into the tank at pressure to dislodge as much sludge as possible, then filtering that and returning cleaned fuel to the tank. I have used Bruce for this on many boats and he does a good job at reasonable rates.
    Tucker Fallon

Re: fuel polishing service in Ft lauderdale ?

Thank you, Tucker
    Bill Root, USCG 100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    MV BUFFALO GAL
    1988 54' MY

Lighthouse Fuel Services. I know the owner personally, Darrin Loesel. 561-302-5060. Tell him Paul Ludwick referred you. Very reasonably priced and has a great setup.
    -- Paul

5. Re: fuel polishing service in Ft lauderdale ?

Drew Fuel Services, They also have a complete mobile fuel testing lab. http://www.drewfuelservices.com or (888) 620-6807

Second Gunn Marine. Bruce is the best and he came recommended by many and did a great job doing 1200 gals for my Hatt before we went across the gulf to TX.

Did a Google search and this ancient
    Thread came up. I should have come
    Here first.

Same question. Doubtful the companies listed above are still at it 12 years later. Any current recommendations?