Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More Kudos

Thumbs up More Kudos

Two things:

1) The other day I was talking to a guy on the next dock who has a 41 EggHarbor. I was raving about this site when he came back with, "Yah, we've got that too." So, when I got a chance, I checked it out. It's nothing compared to this. The format is more like our old forum and it's members are not very active.

2) When my wife asks where I learned these neat Hatt facts, tricks, parts sources, etc., I keep saying the owners forum. She finally replied with, "It's kind of like a fraternity, isn't it?" And to that I said, "Yes, it is, except that we all actually accomplish something besides just drinking beer."

So, thanks again for this great forum and thank you to all who contribute. I sincerely appreciate it.

Re: More Kudos

I can’t imagine how uninformed I would be without this Forum. It scares me at how little I knew 2 years ago compared to now. I have learned so much here. Thanks to all!!!

I probably would not have purchased a 27 yr old boat, even though it is a Hatteras, if it were not for this Forum!
    Hal
    Stonington,CT
    "ARETE" 37C
    Hull #HATBF3800579
    Vessel #US608410

All of the above comments are surely true. These boats have lots of systems. I always say maintaining a larger boat is like maintaining a house, a boat, and two automobiles,( draglines if you have diesels). The ONLY way we can all keep these things top notch is sharing our thoughts and methods with each other. Great work everyone, and I think it of lots of fun also.

I ditto all of the above, but it doesn't stop there. I really enjoy the members adventures and mis-adventures. I really enjoy following MarioG and Maynard on their respective voyages. And Doctor Jim's repower has me looking forward to completion almost as much as he is. And I am in absolute awe of the knowledge of guys like Genesis and Yachtsman Bill. And I appreciate it all the more with the very classy way the moderators and administrator have recently taken this forum through some choppy seas. This is a great place to be. Thanks to all and to Sam's! Here's to Hatts and Sam's! Howard in West Michigan

It's funny...some of my friends have heard me say "this tip from the 'Hatt boys' works really well..." so much that I'm almost afraid to share the latest I've learned! You know how friends can keep you down-to-earth? Well, I get plenty of sass from mine, and lately they've started to pre-empt me by saying, "Let me guess, the "Hatt boys" gave you that latest little trick, eh?" Pretty soon the're gonna start calling me "the parrot" I think!
    -- Paul

I also would have been very relunctant to purchase our 1985 boat had I not known about this site. I began visiting this site several months before we actually purchased the boat. After the first few visits and reading first hand the depth of knowledge freely shared here, seeing the friendly atmosphere and attitudes clearly expressed in the posts, combined with the sense of comradery humorously displayed, I knew I would be okay and in good company when it came to maintaining beloved 61' money pit.

To ALL of you, especially those who have thus far helped me so much and to those who will in the future, please accept my thanks and appreciation! I am deeply grateful -- and so is my wife...!
    Paul
    1985 61' MY - Miss Mary Alma

"Find the good - and praise it !"

8. Re: More Kudos

A few years ago, while out cruising with the family, my (then) 5 yr old granddaughter looked at a boat at a dock and said "There's a Hatteras".... A bit later she again picked out another Hatteras.
    Now its a game when the 3 are on the boat ( 8,10 and 12 yrs old) as to who can correctly pick out a Hatteras first......
    They get a positive point for everyone one they see, lose 3 points if they call something a Hatt that isn't...
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

If had the money I would own 4 or 5 Hatteras's (very old 1961s to DCMYs of the mid 80s). I am in love with the old style boats. I find it hard to believe that in 30 some odd years future boaters will have the same affection for the boats (all brands) manufactured today. Like the 1958 Impalas or '57 Thunderbirds, some things will always be cherished.

Capt'n Bill
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

10. Re: More Kudos

I really enjoy this site! Where else can you get about 200+ years of experience with the exact product you own by merely asking a question? Where else can you get pictures and how to's with the real world results and usually a few years of sea duty to go along with it? Where else can you get expert advise that is priceless and is freely given for the pleasure of helping out another Hat enthusiast? Where else can you get parts for a 40+ year old product, along with the schematics and phone support and even a referrel to a competitor if need be? (THANKS SAM'S!!!) and thanks to everyone here. Plus I enjoy the ecclectic mix of owners that make this site fun. I have met a few in person, talked on the phone and email a bunch. I look forward to meeting more of the group when I can. The sandbar adds a new dimension to our Hatteras experience, actually having fun and setting up outtings. Which is why we really own a "Hatteras".

Cheers!
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com