Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Refurb Magnum Energy inverter chargers on ebay

I don't have any affiliation with the seller, but if you search ebay motors for inverter chargers there's a company selling more than ten Magnum Energy units in the 2012 model for $425 w/free shipping. No warranty, but then Magnum's on par with Outback and for $425...

Comments from buyers who already purchased them indicate that they are as advertised.

I already ordered one.

Re: Refurb Magnum Energy inverter chargers on ebay

Just be sure you note that this particular Magnum model is a modified sine wave inverter, not a pure sine wave inverter and certain items may not work vey well with it. Some microwaves, TVs, and computers have problems with the power supplied; your mileage may vary. Pure sine wave is what you have at home.

Modified Sine Wave inverters are much cheaper than pure sine wave models but be SURE you know what you need before spending the money on an inverter that won't do what you need it to do.
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

Re: Refurb Magnum Energy inverter chargers on ebay

I definitely agree.

I already have one of these and it works fine for everything I've got onboard that we use while on the hook. We've never watched TV when away from the docks, so I don't know whether or not our LCD TV would rebel. But I was talking to a fella who said he bought a new toaster and it wouldn't work on the inverter.

A freakin' toaster.

Now that's just silly. And that's why we have a propane stove in the galley and a grill on the aft deck. ;-)