Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Moving to N Ft Meyers, need holding tank!

Hi, gang,
    From a previous post you may remember me mentioning we are moving our 44 Tricabin Hatt from Cincinnati to FL. Originally we looked at the SE FL coast, but the Admiral picked out N Ft. Meyers instead. We have a beautifull 1970 Tricabin Hatt with no original holding tank. Any suggestions for installing one ASAP upon arriving in Ft Myers mid July? BTW we have a slip reserved at Paradise Yacht Club. I would prefer to install the tank myself, if possible, but if not, want a true craftsman reference that will do the job right! Thanks for any advice anyone could offer. Norm

Re: Moving to N Ft Meyers, need holding tank!

marine surplus has all types of tanks

garyd.

Norm: I have the same style boat and would be very interested in where you decide to locate the tank as well as the plumbing details. Dick

Thanks, GARYD, I will try them.
    I found that the bow of the boat, under the forward cabin has lots of open space, with only the forward bilge pump and forward shower sump in them. I believe that is the only reasonable area to put the waste tank. Will be a long hose run from the aft head, but should be doable. Let you know what happens!