Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Image function

Image function

How do I get the 'insert image' function activated on here? I see it, but it will not work for me.

Thanks,

Jim

Re: Image function

just use this format....

[ img]http://www.mysite.com/dir/image.jpg[ /img]

but remove the spaces i put inside the brackets so force the page to show the codes and not look for an image...

you can include up to 3 or 4 images per post...

if the images are not already on the web but on your computer, you can upload them to the forum, click on Manage Attachement button
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Hey Pascal, I tried to put a url and it said I had to post a certain # of post before I could do that function. I learned how to manage the photos yesterday. I guess it will take some time to get used to things.,

pate
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC

Quote Originally Posted by magnawake View Post
    Hey Pascal, I tried to put a url and it said I had to post a certain # of post before I could do that function. I learned how to manage the photos yesterday. I guess it will take some time to get used to things.,

pate

Some time ago I learned of a modification (hack) which would allow us to prevent members from posting URL links until they had made X number of posts. This is to help prevent spam on the forum by non-humans (spam bots) and it really helped to slow down the spam that found its way on the forum.

Just wanted to let you know why that requirement even exists.
    Doug Langley, Forum Admin
    Sam's Marine International
    http://www.samsmarine.com

Hi All,

If you have already submitted your thread or post go back and view it. In the lower left corner you'll see an "edit" tab. Click on that then click on "go advanced".

**Look toward the bottom of the screen and click on "manage attachments". Use the "browse pictures" tab to browse the files on you PC that have the pictures you want to post. Select one at a time, click upload. It will either tell you it went OK or it may say your picture is too big. If that’s the case resize the picture on your PC then redo the upload process choosing the smaller image. When you're finished click the "save" tab. Your pictures will show in the post.

If you are creating a thread or a post start at ** above
    Gene
    Former Owner 1974 Hatteras Yachtfish
    Glittering Image

Hull # 50
    Total Production 1972-1975 Sixty Four