Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: 1989 Hatteras 70' MY soon to be REPO

I have been aboard this vessel and she is in very rough shape! Its a shame she sat for over two years without even starting the motors.There is a 4ft. long crack in the keel just for starters, It would take at minimum $250,000 just to make her sea worthy.

ps: she's not in Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by gesgrp View Post
    I have been aboard this vessel and she is in very rough shape! Its a shame she sat for over two years without even starting the motors.There is a 4ft. long crack in the keel just for starters, It would take at minimum $250,000 just to make her sea worthy.

Buy it cheap and make it a floating condo
    Currently boat shopping

21' Skiff

Quote Originally Posted by gesgrp View Post

Is the boat in the water?

No,sitting on the hard!!

A friend of mine looked at the boat and he ran from the boat that's right ran. He said he wouldn't have it if you gave it to him.

So if we bad mouth it enough we can keep anyone from bidding on it. Then I can buy it for $500 and part it. It will look sexy on my lot with all my parts Rovers.
    Last edited by Hatattack; 11-22-2010 at 11:21 PM.
    Currently boat shopping

21' Skiff

How do you get a 4' crack in the keel? Was the boat run aground or something?

I may have to go see this.

You'd probably have to drop it. I couldn't make a quess how thick the glass is in the keel but it's probably substantial.

Quote Originally Posted by dsharp View Post
    You'd probably have to drop it. I couldn't make a quess how thick the glass is in the keel but it's probably substantial.

Unless its a O-hit Yacht then they break off when the travel lift picks them up(I saw it happen)
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by surfshark View Post
    ** New update to anyone interested in the 1989 Hatteras 70' MY repo **

My broker, who I will not mention by name so he gets no free advertising , knows this boat well and he is assured an offer of $200k gets her ! ( message me private for contact information ) The bank has just announced that they are serious to move her ! By the way, I think a crack in the very bottom of a Hatteras keel is no big deal because it is hollow ...just re-glass . Put $100k into this boat and she will be just fine .

I knew the former owners of this fine boat and she was well cared until about 15 months ago since she has not moved . I also owned a sistership to this boat which I purchased new and cruised for 5 years....great boat.
    Ben that route with National before. They give you a number that will get you in the deal and then push the price up and bring other players into the deal. Be careful you don't lay out too much money before you have a signed contract. You also need to be prepared to walk away after inspections, sea trials and survey because they rarely negotiate down for any deficiencies. They charge fees for sea trial, haul outs, fuel, captains etc.
    Jack Sardina