Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Re: 1989 Hatteras 70' MY soon to be REPO

I'm curious as to what ever happened with the deal on this boat. Did she get launched and thawed out, then surveyed? How much freeze damage was there? Did you end up buying her?
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Anyone know the location / circumstances with this yacht?
    Thanks for the assistance in advance
    Ron

ron.childress@power.alstom.com

Annual costs for my 70 ft Stephens MY in Vancouver BC as follows.

dockage..18K

Ins. 7K

Varnish, running maintenance, oil change etc..5k

haul and bottom paint with zincs.....3k

replaced 2 gensets...amortized...1k per yr 15 yrs

replaced old tender.....amortized 1k per yr. 15 yrs

Interior refit 1999 and paint job....amortized.. 4k per yr .15 yrs...

Does not include any reserve for rebuilds on 12 v 71-n's, currently 5000 hrs running clean, should reserve at least 10 k per yr if keeping the boat for another 10 yrs....will probably sell next 5 yrs.

So, add fuel, beer, alcohol, food , transient dockage etc....and 50 k per yr don't go far.

Quote Originally Posted by surfshark View Post
    Very sad that the gentleman who put my pool in at my house in Duck, NC will soon be having his 1989 Hatteras 70' MY repossessed . ( No one seems to be ordering high-end pools anymore ). I remember this boat well for having the Hatteras option of the aft salon wall moved forward a bit to provide a larger aft deck . The wide-body design still offers a nice size salon. The 12V71's are strong and rebuilt and the Imron just needs wax . If someone spends $70,000 on the interior, canvas, and cushions they still will have a great newer body Hatt 70' for UNDER $450,000 . I paid over a million for one of these boats !
    http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...o=frankgordon&
    Gordon confirms this is the same repo
    sure would love to know all the ins and outs' on this one

6. 70' Hatteras, want to trade?

70' Hatteras MY 1974, I posted this last year. Need to go smaller so would consider trade. This boat I believe is one of Hatteras's best ever classics and she has been very well cared for by owners who have loved her. Very tastfully updated in so many ways. Total interior renovation by Versaci's decorator/owner. Many very famous people played on her over the years.....rebuilt 12v71ti, 2-20kw Northern Lights Gens, 2000 gal fuel capacity, stablilzers, watermaker. Sat TV, Sat Phone, 400 gal water, 4 new heads all granite, all new stainless topline galley. 16' RIB/4 Stroke Yahama dingy. Total bottom job/blisters thru-hulls, props....Appraised for 475k. On the Mississippi near St Louis for last 5 years. Not listed so call me for cruise. Eagle Watch, now on here!
    Have docs, manuals, work orders over the years. No surprises. Always Captain Maintained. LRC, Live Aboard, Charter, Great Family Yacht, so much potential for buyer of quality product that turns heads everywhere we go. Alton Marina, so loopers stop by and come aboard!
    Cheers,
    Capt. Ron Adelman
    314 422 8793 cell
    www.stlouisyachtcharter.com
    Last edited by rsadelman; 11-26-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdHatt View Post
    That boat was docked next to my boat in the covered slips at Bradford Marine in Ft. Lauderdale. Let me tell you, that boat is CLEAN! It was priced at $795k a year ago. The paint shines and the varnish was in great shape as well. The older Detroits are the least of the concerns with that boat, what other engines would one expect in an older motoryacht anyway? They are perfect for running that boat efficiently at hull speed until the end of time because nobody is going to run that boat around on plane. Most of the boats here on the HOF have Detroits and they do just fine. The real issue with this Burger is the ALUMINUM HULL. Nobody (without very deep pockets) wants to deal with the headaches and high maintenance of an aluminum hull in a salt water environment. I looked into them last year when I was in the market for a bigger boat simply because there is so much bang for the buck in the big aluminum boat market, but that is exactly why they are so cheap. They are only cheap to buy, they are VERY expensive to maintain. It loks like keeping that boat up so well put the owner into hock and he lost his boat. OUCH! Fiberglass is the way to go!

It sure is a nice boat though!
    The Burger is gone from the NL website, FWIW...
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...