Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Value of 41 sport fisher with both engines lock up boat has 853's

Hi : I have a friend who has a 41 sport fisher for sale.I was wondering the value with both engines locked up???Supposed to be good on inside! Thanks,Bill
    I think he wants 15K?????

Re: Value of 41 sport fisher with both engines lock up boat has 853's

Hi: I left off the year model of the 41 sport fisher which is a 1967 model with 871 DD Turbo charged which are locked up..

Unless the rest of the boat is pristine or the engines aren't really shot, the boat is worth nothing other than a parts boat. You can buy a decent one in running condition for next to nothing.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    Unless the rest of the boat is pristine or the engines aren't really shot, the boat is worth nothing other than a parts boat. You can buy a decent one in running condition for next to nothing.
    I will have to agree with Jack! It will cost approximately 60,000 to make the engines trust worthey not to mention the gen and extras leave it alone unless it is a gift. then part it out, Tim

There is 41 for sale in Huntington NY, for $39,000 at Willis Marine (.com). Currently owned by the daughter of the orignal owner( I beleive).

Might be worth a look, at least for comparison.

JM
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Does it have 8v53's or 8v71t's. I have a 41 with 8v53's and could not imagine an 871T fitting.

FWIW to rebuild the 8v53 is a lot less than the 8v71t. Remember there are no turbos or intercoolers. Another option is RTO from another boat if the rest of the boat is just that nice.

keep in mind in pristine condition with the engines you put in or if you rebuild the ones in it, it is still a 1967 Hatt.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Hey! Thanks alot for your replies! I think the price is to high for the model of the boat and I have been told the 41 are not the best sea boats made by Hatteras.He was asking 9K

Quote Originally Posted by suwanneered View Post
    Hey! Thanks alot for your replies! I think the price is to high for the model of the boat and I have been told the 41 are not the best sea boats made by Hatteras.He was asking 9K
    I think tthe 41c series one is one of the best sea boats and many others here will agree. If the boat is pristine at $9k except for the engines you may have a reasonable project. I do not think pulling both engines and having them rebuilt or replacing with running take outs would cost more that $15-20K if you do some work your self.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.