Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

1982 55c "Old School"

Can't believe I'm pulling the trigger on this one just after putting stupid money in it to get it exactly where I wanted everything, but there you have it -- my needs have changed, enough for me to at least see what the market might bring.

Yachtworld listing: http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1982.../United-States
    -- Paul

Re: 1982 55c "Old School"

beautiful boat Paul! Can't believe you are selling it after all the effort and $$$$$ . Good Luck with the sale. A lot of bottom feeders out there.

Nice boat, damn shame to be selling in this market after all the work u put in it.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Saw it yesterday on a Broker's Site. Beautiful boat, I wish I had a time machine.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDummy View Post
    Can't believe I'm pulling the trigger on this one just after putting stupid money in it to get it exactly where I wanted everything, but there you have it -- my needs have changed, enough for me to at least see what the market might bring.

Yachtworld listing: http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1982.../United-States
    You big dummy! I thought I had talked sense into you about parting company with the mighty Old School.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I know, I know, I know!! It's killing me, especially with what i put into it (not to mention my sweat equity and time). BUT, you gotta be honest about your needs, and right now shoal draft, speed and more modest size are suiting the needs better for what I'll be doing.

One thing's different about selling a boat this time, though -- I don't have any real passion about a new replacement vessel, which is what always drove the process for me in all my other boat trade-ups. You know the way it is -- you have your heart set on the new one, and the old one is yesterday's news. You don't want to look at the old one, you resent every additional dollar of maintenance that has to go into it, etc. Not so this time. I'd almost privately be happy if it DIDN'T sell, because it's a fantastic boat to keep on using. Still, I've got to put it out there to see. If I get my number, it sells. If I don't, it would make zero sense to be paying close to the same for a lot less boat and still face the prospect of putting more refurb money (I know myself!) into that lesser boat.
    -- Paul

Quote Originally Posted by captddis View Post
    beautiful boat Paul! Can't believe you are selling it after all the effort and $$$$$ . Good Luck with the sale. A lot of bottom feeders out there.
    Thanks, Dave. Don't worry, I've got prob giving the bottom-feeders the bum's rush! I know that thing has been gone over literally from top to bottom, and if they can't appreciate it, they won't get much time from me. I'm that lucky guy who is not in a position of having to sell.

In the meantime, I'm just doing my part by feeding my Detroits to keep the Chinese and Indians from getting any more oil than they deserve.
    -- Paul

Quote Originally Posted by DazedNconfused View Post
    I know, I know, I know!! It's killing me, especially with what i put into it (not to mention my sweat equity and time). BUT, you gotta be honest about your needs, and right now shoal draft, speed and more modest size are suiting the needs better for what I'll be doing.

One thing's different about selling a boat this time, though -- I don't have any real passion about a new replacement vessel, which is what always drove the process for me in all my other boat trade-ups. You know the way it is -- you have your heart set on the new one, and the old one is yesterday's news. You don't want to look at the old one, you resent every additional dollar of maintenance that has to go into it, etc. Not so this time. I'd almost privately be happy if it DIDN'T sell, because it's a fantastic boat to keep on using. Still, I've got to put it out there to see. If I get my number, it sells. If I don't, it would make zero sense to be paying close to the same for a lot less boat and still face the prospect of putting more refurb money (I know myself!) into that lesser boat.
    Well, that makes it a little better. Just stick to your guns on that price... even though you'd be losing your butt if somebody pays that for it.

Let me sell you my 58 and have you get it all spiffed up and sell it back to me for half of what you put into it. I'll deliver it for free.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Well, that makes it a little better. Just stick to your guns on that price... even though you'd be losing your butt if somebody pays that for it.

Let me sell you my 58 and have you get it all spiffed up and sell it back to me for half of what you put into it. I'll deliver it for free.
    I'd gladly smoke a case of turds in Hell before I'd get you out of that 2-boat-forever-scenario you got going on up there. You just wouldn't be the Royal Birdness without 2 Hatties, and I'm not about to go changin' that!
    -- Paul

Beautiful boat!
    I wonder what you could buy out there that would come close to replacing this beauty!
    Good luck with the sale, although it seems like a heck of a lot of time and $'s for the benefit of the next owner!