Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking Finally closed the deal on my new Hatt!!

I have been lurking here for nearly 6 months while searching for my new boat. I finally closed the deal and brought her home this weekend. She is a '79 43C. I look forward to learning from the Hatteras veterans here, and I hope to be able to provide some good information as well. I am a lifelong boater and professional captain. My current job is captain of a 120' Broward motor yacht. If the gurus here can help me with the Hatteras specific stuff, I would be glad to provide you all with any general info regarding navigation, cruising grounds, licensing etc. I will apologize to all vintage Hatteras owners up front. I believe my recent purchase will lower the value of all of our boats, I really think I stole it. It was a bank reposessed boat, and I made a rediculous low ball offer and they accepted. Anyway, I am a proud new Hatt owner and hope to make the rest of the fleet proud.

Re: Finally closed the deal on my new Hatt!!

Congrats on the new boat, and thanks for the offer for help on the nav stuff.

Would not apologize for the low values --I am working on stealing one now in fact. Lot of that going around these days. Economy has hurt me enough -- boat buying is the only place it has helped.

BTW, what part of the country do you normally cruise in the Broward?

We cruise the East Coast from Florida to LI Sound, and the Bahamas. We are based in Florida and spend most of our time there. Good luck on your search as well.

Welcome and congrats. Don't feel bad about "stealing" one. I've always felt someone should be crying at the closing and it wasn't going to be me. When I bought my 46C the market was hot and I still got a good enough deal that someone actually offered me 30K to release the deal to them! Glad I didn't and although she has depreciated an incredible amount in the last few years, the years of owning her have been well worth it. Good luck and have fun. Post some pictures when you get a chance.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by hibanx View Post
    We cruise the East Coast from Florida to LI Sound, and the Bahamas. We are based in Florida and spend most of our time there. Good luck on your search as well.
    And I bet you've overnighted in Beaufort NC on the waterfront there -- that's where a lot of captains stay that cruise the east coast.

Quote Originally Posted by C. Edmund View Post
    And I bet you've overnighted in Beaufort NC on the waterfront there -- that's where a lot of captains stay that cruise the east coast.

Guilty as charged.

I posted a few photos in the gallery. Name change coming soon.

Congrats! I've been the proud owner of a '79 43C for over 8 years. I love her.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

I figured there were a couple of us 43 owners here. Bob, I may be picking your brain from time to time if that's okay?

10. Re: Finally closed the deal on my new Hatt!!

Hibanx: well I hope your'e satisfied!!!..now you've compounded your
    situation and are responsible for 163 feet of boat(s).

Will you be living aboard? A number of forum members here do, and many more would like to, but are sidetracked by obligations...work,etc. I'd be living aboard if I could have ever convinced by landlubber wife...alas, no luck yet.

But maybe as we all sink beneath a sea of Obama taxes she'll see the light and I'll be able sell the hosue and get another Hatteras...

Good luck with yours; as you know, like all vessels, they are a mistress demanding significant time and attention but with ample rewards in return....
    Rob Brueckner
    former 1972 48ft YF, 'Lazy Days'
    Boating isn't a matter of life and death: it's more important than that.