Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Glendinning Cablemaster 42C

My next project is the install of a CM-7 cablemaster to handle the 50A power cord. I have the unit, picked up as various ebay listings, all serviced and ready to fit. I figured the reel unit could be most 'easily' fitted in the stbd aft corner of the engine room, closest to the original shore inlet in the cockpit.
    Has anyone fitted this unit in a Hatt convertible and if so tell me where theirs is installed. Any information on these units would be welcome as any search on the internet with 'glendinning cablemaster' just gets me 10,000 boats for sale.

Re: Glendinning Cablemaster 42C

glendinning is still in business. You should be able to get info direct.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

Sorry, poorly worded question, I'll re phrase.
    If anyone with a Hatt Convertible has a Cablemaster installed can they tell me where it is fitted.
    Also I would like to hear from people who use these units. Suggestions on placement of outlet on the boat, preferred length of cable, limits in distance of outlet from cablemaster unit, frequency of service required, does the cable get twisted in the storage drum etc.

Thanks.

There are 2 on my 43 Double cabin. They work great. One runs off battery power 12 volt, the other is 110 volt. Only problem was the rubber coupling connecting the drive motor to the cable gear broke once. . Cost less than $20 and replaced it myself. Mine are mounted midships. If I had a choice they would be off the stern. There are times it would be nice to just unplug the boat and leave the cable behind. Mainly for short trips.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

Quote Originally Posted by Colwyn D View Post
    Sorry, poorly worded question, I'll re phrase.
    If anyone with a Hatt Convertible has a Cablemaster installed can they tell me where it is fitted.
    Also I would like to hear from people who use these units. Suggestions on placement of outlet on the boat, preferred length of cable, limits in distance of outlet from cablemaster unit, frequency of service required, does the cable get twisted in the storage drum etc.

Thanks.

i have a 45 c and hate to haul the cable. i added a new plug in on the starbard sibe can hook up on eather side i carry a 10 foot cord instead of the 20 easy to store and handle

Quote Originally Posted by Colwyn D View Post
    My next project is the install of a CM-7 cablemaster to handle the 50A power cord. I have the unit, picked up as various ebay listings, all serviced and ready to fit. I figured the reel unit could be most 'easily' fitted in the stbd aft corner of the engine room, closest to the original shore inlet in the cockpit.
    Has anyone fitted this unit in a Hatt convertible and if so tell me where theirs is installed. Any information on these units would be welcome as any search on the internet with 'glendinning cablemaster' just gets me 10,000 boats for sale.
    good luck finding a spot i just added another plug in on the opesite side and carry a 10 foot cable works for me i have a 45c the only place to put one was in the lasorett but the cable had to make to many turnes..i did see one installed using glendenning rollers and electrial conduate rollers at the beginning and end only good luck just a suggestion

I have one on my 50c.
    The outlet is on the Stbd side. The unit is forward of my stbd engine. The cable runs through a 3" fiberglass (could use pvc) pipe.
    I think your installation just depends on where it will fit the best and be out of the way. Don't put it somewhere just so you don't have to use a longer cable, you be sorry later.

I just installed a Cablemaster in our 41DCMY. I bought a new/surplus unit and have many parts left over that I didn't need for my installation. (extension tubes, couplings, cable guide rollers, etc.). Let me know if any of these parts are useful to you.

9. Re: Glendinning Cablemaster 42C

I toyed with putting one of these on my 45C - the logical place was outboard on the port side, aft end of the engine room. It would have fit there, but would have been tight. My AC inlet was on the port side.

I wound up not doing it, but man, I HATED that 50A cable....

Consider what (if anything) you're going to block or make hard to access when you plan the install.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

I have them on our 53 and we love them.
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"