Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: raw water flush

Re: raw water flush

Quote Originally Posted by solanderi View Post
    Finding the Ph-Ospho-Ric is vexxing me. I too have been on the net and to a 1/2 dozen stores with a similar result.....goose egg for Ph-Ospho-Ric.

It seems from the postings that this is a superior product to Ospho, right ?

The HD product in Miami is called Klean Strip Prep and Etch. No way to tell exact strength, ph concentration of acid, etc. I dont want to go thru the rig-a-morole of flushing AC's, HE's etc with a weak product so that I have to do it again soon.
    Greg
    I just bought 2 gallons of the Klean Stip Prep and Etch at HD last week. It was $15/gallon and worked great. We cleaned all 4 of my A/C units, 4 more on Mark's 60C and 5 more on Ted's 60MY. It looked just like the Phos-Pho-Ric product that I used a couple of years ago to clean the H/E on my stbd engine. It starts out green and clear and ends up looking like mud when you're finished with it.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Re: raw water flush

You are correct with the Klean Strip product. That's definitely it. I've been using it for years at Home Depot since I first read Karl's post on the h/e flushing with it. I also tried it once with the Ospho brand was was really disappointed, so it's definitely not the same.
    Attached Images
    -- Paul