Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Senior Member?

Senior Member?

What is the difference between a "Senior Member" and a "Registered Member". Is this just someone who types alot of posts or is it someone who we believe is becoming a bit senile?

Re: Senior Member?

Actually, it's not related to age or mental capacity.

A registered member gets automatically reclassified as a senior member when they have done a minimum of 50 posts.
    Doug Langley, Forum Admin
    Sam's Marine International
    http://www.samsmarine.com

How many posts does it take to become a "senile member"?
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331

I bet I know who wins the prize for quickest to achieve "senior member" status since membership!

Is that the same person who commented that you don't have to reply to every thread and that you should refrain from that and use the PM feature instead?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

AH! You've been watching closely, haven't you SKY! He should be chiming in any minute now....keep a lookout below.......

THIS IS NOT MEANT TO INSULT OR OFFEND ANYONE WHO THINKS IT MAY BE HIM! JUST A SIMPLE, POSSIBLY HUMOROUS COMMENT! PLEASE, NO PM'S!

I DON'T THINK HE'S ON RIGHT NOW, MUST BE EATING OR SOMETHING BUT I DID LEARN IF YOU VIEW SOMEONES PERSONAL PROFILE IT SHOWS THE AVERAGE AMOUNT OF POST PER DAY AND IF IT'S DOUBLE DIGETS THAN YOU NEED TO GET A JOB....

8. Re: Senior Member?

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY
    Is that the same person who commented that you don't have to reply to every thread and that you should refrain from that and use the PM feature instead?
    Hey, Hey, Hey,

Can't a feller eat a little dinner without gittin' talked about? Oh yeah, sorry, I'm not supposed to converse in such a manor unbefitting a Hatteras Yacht owner!

Hey Sky,

FYI it was Third Hatt who commented that you don't have to reply to every thread (he was badmouthin' me). I'm the one who suggested better use of the PMS method.

Hey Carl,

I thought you and me was going to be cruising buddies. We'll just see if that big fat Hatt of yours can keep up with ole' FREEBIRD once I get her up and runnin' again!

Now that we have that portion of this conversation cleared up, let's poke at the rest of it. As for numbers of posts, if you will notice, I haven't started that many threads. Third Hatt said I should listen more and talk less. But you all start this stuff, I just chime in on stuff that's of interest to me. Besides, I have TWICE as many boats as you guys, so I'm entitled to TWICE as many responses as you are!

Let's see, did I miss anything. I think that pretty much covers it. Think I'll go take a ship...to ports unknown.
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

9. Re: Senior Member?

You better get that tug running on two engines before throwing down the gauntet! LOL Any word on the engine repairs.
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com

10. Re: Senior Member?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss Lady
    You better get that tug running on two engines before throwing down the gauntet! LOL Any word on the engine repairs.
    Hey Bubba,

I'm still in the dark as far as my engine problem, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I've just moved FREEBIRD to her new home in Palmetto, and I've finally been able to get up with a mechanic recommended by Pat Bustle aka Liquid Asset. I'll be posting a new thread on that subject, but I thought I had better answer your question here. Seems some of my posts (serious ones) are disappearing these days!
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com