Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

prop for repower.

Ihave a new to me,'83 36 ' convertible with a pair of Yanmar 440 hp Diesels.It currently has 24''x26'' 3 blade wheels .Im thinking of replacing the props for a smoother and better performance and was wondering what other Hatt owners thought,Peter

Re: prop for repower.

Search the forum for Veem propellors and you will pull up a thread that I think will be of interest to you. I am suppossed to get a new pair of Veems this week, so I can't give you any first hand details till later.

Keep us posted, would you? Always interested in propeller discussions, as it remains a black art.

If you have not already tried the computer program available at boatdiesel.com it might be worth your time and the cost of a year subscription to try it.
    Regards
    Regards,
    Vincent Castigliola
    Lilly Marie - 43 DC 1983
    Pascagoula, Mississippi

Rather than history as a peaceful continuum interrupted by war, “For the first time in the nation's history men in authority are talking about an "emergency" without a foreseeable end" _ C. Wright Mills 1956

I have been a subscriber for a few years.Im going to check my gear ratio info engine manufacturer specs and try it.I have a 1983 36ft convertible.Am I correct in classifying it as a Semi-displacement in their info ,Thanks,Peter

I am not sure what the cut off is and whether it has to do with speed or hull shape, but I think it would be slow planing or average planing. Perhaps others here will know.
    (formerly Nor'easter 1995 39 Hatt SX)