Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

flybridge fitting issues on 38 dcmy

ok putn the flybridge back on yesterday. the problem im having is at the helm where the flange screws down to the floor. theres a strip of wood,teak im assuming, 1/2' thick running across to take up the gap between bridge flange and floor.did someone put it in there because there was a gap? all the way around the rest of it the flange screws tight to the floor.this cant be right because as the flange gets closer to the helm its getting distorted because that piece of wood is holding that spot up higher. now do the floors settle over time which can cause that area to separate? idk il post some pics i took when i get home but in the meantime a little feedback from someone familiar with this design is appreciated. i dont think that strip should be in there and if it is, it should go all the way around the inside perimiter to be normal. its an aweful lot of stress on the screws and flange to try and suck the bridge down in that area...thinking of wedging a t brace under captains chair mount from inside cabin to lift floor up? or am i way off there?

Re: flybridge fitting issues on 38 dcmy

heres pics
    Attached Images

picts

uuuughhhh!!! maybe someone can tell me how to post pics? i got one on here but apparently that was an accident cuz i cant get more up on here!! anyway you can see the strip of wood in there. a piece broke off when we lifted the bridge off. shouldnt the flange be sitting tight to the floor like the rest of it?

BUBBA works in mysterious ways ! NEVER under estimate what mite be, shoulda been, or anything else that bypasses the normal thought process. ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

so just do what it takes to make it work... and not leak..right?.