Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Logo Font

Logo Font

I am trying to replicate the Hatteras logo on the side of a 52' 1985 sports cruiser. They are broken and I am going to make new ones.

Anyone know what font was used or have a good picture so I can replicate in plastic.

Thanks

bjdonovan@mac.com

Re: Logo Font

1985 was one of the few years with the white rectangular plaques that had blue wording on them. It looked similar to this:

I'll be on my boat Thursday and I could get an actual picture if that would help.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Why not just call Sam's and order new ones?
    The typeface in the previous post looks close to Times New Roman. Also understand the typefaces used in computers may be different than those typefaces used by the printing industry. Commercial typesetters may offer additional typefaces not found in desktop publishing formats.
    Bear'
    1984 61' MY Strategic Plan

Quote Originally Posted by StratPlan61 View Post
    Why not just call Sam's and order new ones?
    The typeface in the previous post looks close to Times New Roman. Also understand the typefaces used in computers may be different than those typefaces used by the printing industry. Commercial typesetters may offer additional typefaces not found in desktop publishing formats.
    From what I understand, this is one logo that they do not stock. It had plastic parts that stuck into the face of it for the model/length.

You don't see many of them as they only used them for a year or two and most have been replaced by now with other logos.
    Sky Cheney

One of the members here sells stainless emblems, they are probably not period correct for your boat but look badass. We have strongly considered going with them, even though they are not correct for our boat.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

Quote Originally Posted by rustybucket View Post
    One of the members here sells stainless emblems, they are probably not period correct for your boat but look badass. We have strongly considered going with them, even though they are not correct for our boat.
    I think you just answered a bot post
    Sky Cheney