Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: mystery switch

mystery switch

Hello All,

I have had my Hatteras 58 yf about two years now still learning the boat but I havent figured out what the electrical switch on the left side of the top of the circular stairs going down to the galley.
    can anyone help me out identifying this switch?

Henry

1977 58 yf

Re: mystery switch

Left and right depends on orientation. The switch on the starboard side operates the D.C. Courtesy lights in the steps.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

The YF is going to be different from the galley up MY

Is it even original? Pull the switch and look at the wiring to see if it's original or it it was added on. In 40 years these boats have been modified by various owners. On my earlier 53, someone had added a switch for the water heater in th galley just to the left of the stairs...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Can you attach a photo?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Is it a rotary switch? Mine has a switch for the generator in that location. It loos original.

the switch is a standard wall outlet toggle switch the orientation on the inboard or on your left
    going below.

henry

Its no the galley lights? Mine has a switch around the corner on that same wall for the overhead lights.

Quote Originally Posted by hmccoy99 View Post
    the switch is a standard wall outlet toggle switch the orientation on the inboard or on your left
    going below.

henry
    There is a 32v light switch as well as a 110 switch. Is that the one you're speaking of. If it doesn't turn on anything check the light bulbs, they do blow once in a while. Not being a smart alec, sometimes we over look the little things. Good luck.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

on my 1972 58yf there are three switches on the left as you go down the stairs, one is 12 volt lights, one is 110volt lights, and a rotary switch that was for the original stereo volume control for the galley speakers that are in the headliner.

Didn't realize they but the speakers in the gallery headliner. Mine are just above the dinette.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California