Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Offer accepted...

Hi All

An update on my situation regarding the Hatt 53 at Clearwater.

Today i learnt my offer had been accepted.

For many reasons this boat appeals to me and i will now wait until the surveyor (which was recommended to me by Dave (captddis) Thanks!) will say if the boat is worth buying.

A lot of the modifications have been done which suit our style of life on board. For example, rewired for 12 v instead of 32. Gas stove and oven. Cold plate refrigeration, extensive use of solar panels, conversion of the twin stateroom to office plus removal of guest head to make larger office. All these things are jobs we would have had to eventually do.

For all these reasons, this boat did not appear to appeal to US markets maybe other reasons too?. But i will wait till the surveyor gives the go ahead before next steps.

Thanks for all your help so far. If the boat checks out ok, then i will be keen to see if anyone would like to captain it to the Palm Beach port for shipping on the late April Seven Star boat for Brisbane.

Please let me know, via PM, if anyone is keen and ofcourse what your fees are.

Bo
    Last edited by bohans; 03-10-2010 at 10:11 PM.

Re: Offer accepted...

have you physically been on this boat or seen it yourself in person? Is it the one in downtown clearwater owned by the non-profit foundation that had the interior refit? Sounds like it is. If you've not looked this boat over I was on it this winter- feel free to PM me as I went over it a good bit.

Do a sea trial before spending money on survey, you want to be sure it s even worth surveying

check with Captdiss, he s on the west coast and should be able to do the delivery. I pretty booked up right now with the 70 footer.. two 2 weeks runs to the exumas and then a run to new England.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Thanks Pascal.

Friday i will know a lot more info from the surveyor doing the sea trial and if that goes well, then looking at the boat on water etc, then if ok, engine survey, then if that goes well, out of water survey completion. Quite a few hoops to jump through but necessary as we all know.

My main desire is the engines, transmissions, running gear, electrics are all in good shape. If so then the cosmetic internals being good and finally the exterior cosmetics, such as paint which i know it badly needs on the decks and hull at some stage no doubt. Hull can wait as i am not fussed about beinng the prettiest boat yet.

Anyway, thanks for the interest and will update after Friday.

Regards

Bo

5. Re: Offer accepted...

If Dave isn't able to do the delivery......
    give me a call
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxfishgyd View Post
    If Dave isn't able to do the delivery......
    give me a call
    If he calls you, will he get 'no dial tone'?

7. Smile Re: Offer accepted...

Naw, just a recording..
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Hi

I am in the process of finalising surveys. Will let you know by weeks end what happens.

If it goes ahead, the boat needs to be in Palm Beach by April 20 i think to load on the ship to Australia.

If you are keen to deliver it, please pm me and let me know your charges.

The boat is full of fuel, and when it loads, it must not be full due to weight issues. It is only allowed to have a "reasonable" level of fuel on board, so i would not expect to have to refuel...or should i?

Anyway, let me know if you are keen to help and i will weigh up my options.

Thanks

Bo

Bo,

Fuel use depends on water levels if it can be taken through the Okeechobee canal or if you have to go around through the keys. I believe that lots of rain here has the Okeechobee up and operating, but they'll need to check. Assuming you have 565 gal. onboard, if you have to go around through the keys, it's 434 miles to Palm Beach, so you would likely need fuel. Through the Okeechobee waterway, it's only about 300 miles so if they go at displacement speeds, you will not need fuel. Even going through the Okeechobee, if they plane it the 130 miles from Clearwater to Ft. Myers (the start of the Okeechobee, it'll burn and extra 150 to 200 gal and you'll need fuel.

Doug

You mentioned that the boat was full of fuel....you may want to check on the age and condition of that fuel, and potentially have it polished before the trip.

We had a boat come through a couple of weeks ago (they are members, but don't log on much) that ended up finding out their fuel was pretty dirty after the first day of the trip. The boat ran well for awhile but started acting up toward the end of the first leg. The biggest problem was a bad seal in a priming pump, sucking some air, but they checked the fuel as the filters were bad in what seemed to be too short of a time frame. They had it polished in the slip and it wasn't a big deal, just an extra day or two delay that it sounds like you may not be able to afford with your time line.
    Ed G.
    Misty
    '68 41C
    Sanctuary
    '80 58 Motoryacht
    100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    http://www.boat-heaters.com