Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hatteras PBR

Hatteras PBR

Dang it, I want one!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtED6jqykFk

Noel
    Noel Russell
    40' MY Aft Cabin
    Lincoln Harbor NJ

Re: Hatteras PBR

Any idea on the original show that clip is from?

Great Clip,
    I'd never heard of the Hatteras PB.
    Regards,
    Vincent Castigliola
    Lilly Marie - 43 DC 1983
    Pascagoula, Mississippi

Rather than history as a peaceful continuum interrupted by war, “For the first time in the nation's history men in authority are talking about an "emergency" without a foreseeable end" _ C. Wright Mills 1956

Nver heard of this - but I sure do want one!!!!!!

Check eBay under Military Vehicles. I see a few every year for sale. I think there may be some on there now.
    Bear'
    1984 61' MY Strategic Plan

I always thought PBR was Pabst Blue Ribbon
    Jack Sardina

I have always heard that after Willis Slane conceived the idea, built the prototype with his own money in record time and gave it to the Navy that the USN then measured it, wrote up its specifications, and put the job out for bid. Uniflite then won the contract. Some say this contributed to Slane's untimely death. No good deed goes unpunished.
    Jim Grove, Fanfare 1966 50MY Hull #22 (Delivered Jan. 7, 1966)

"LIFE IS JUST ONE DAMNED THING AFTER ANOTHER." Frank Ward O'Malley, Journalist, Playwright 1875-1932

Thanks Jim,
    I recall the aluminum crew boat manufacturer and Uniflite now that you mentioned it. Were any Patrol Boat River purchased from Hatteras?
    Regards,
    Vincent Castigliola
    Lilly Marie - 43 DC 1983
    Pascagoula, Mississippi

Rather than history as a peaceful continuum interrupted by war, “For the first time in the nation's history men in authority are talking about an "emergency" without a foreseeable end" _ C. Wright Mills 1956

Buried in this thread are all the details starting with post #47.

http://www.samsmarine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14652
    Looking for another boat...not a Hatt

Thanks for the cross reference. Obviously no Hatt PBR, only Uniflite. Interesting aside regarding the fire resistant resin and the company's demise.
    Regards,
    Vincent Castigliola
    Lilly Marie - 43 DC 1983
    Pascagoula, Mississippi