Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up New FAQ/General Discussion Section

The non-postable FAQ section under general discussion is a good idea. Can we nominate threads? I'd like to start with ""DD Overheats" and the Genesis proceedure for Phosphoric Acid descaling of Hx systems.

2. Re: New FAQ/General Discussion Section

OK, I stuck it over there. If people think its worth it I can remove all the "stuff" around the actual procedure - I also left the original as well (made a copy rather than moving it)

Re: New FAQ/General Discussion Section

Great idea. But,

The problem that I see with the FAQ section is that the info is already available in the archives anyway. Why have it 2 places?

Perhaps that section should be called, “Procedures, Tips and Good Ideas”. Our moderators would have the job of deciding what info should be posted with recommendations from the Forum members of course. The treads copied there would have to be edited to remove all of the “stuff” leaving only the “good stuff”

What do you think?

4. Re: New FAQ/General Discussion Section

Its easier to find, mostly.....

I don't object to cleaning up the extra material - I just didn't want to kill it without some consensus from the membership....

I like the idea of cleaning it up and retaining only the heart of the subject matter.
    Doug Langley, Forum Admin
    Sam's Marine International
    http://www.samsmarine.com

Quote Originally Posted by administrator
    I like the idea of cleaning it up and retaining only the heart of the subject matter.
    Agreed- delete the chatter, but retain the heart of the topic.

Copy instead of move. Retain the full thread under General Discussion so if the reader desires, he can read more or submit a follow up post.
    Last edited by Passages; 04-27-2005 at 08:54 PM.

Pascal has begun to paste links to the full discussion at the end of the selected entry. That's a great idea!
    I'd like all moderators (and PoohBahs too) to make that a SOP.
    Last edited by Passages; 05-01-2005 at 11:41 AM.

8. Re: New FAQ/General Discussion Section

I like that idea. Will do.